Preface

!!ART BY ME!! Please don't steal.
The cover image for this chapter is what I imagine Y/n to look like. I also posted this in my art book where u can see other art I've drawn ^^.

Also, my Y/n doesn't have to look like your Y/n. Therefore you can still imagine how she looks like, but this is just how I imagine her.

I did't really expect a lot of people to come across this, since I'm really just writing it for fun. I got a lot of inspiration from other fan fictions so some parts might resemble some other similar stories you've read. This is my first fan fiction so if it has any plot holes or errors please don't hesitate to point them out!!

Thanks and hope you enjoy!

~~~~~
The bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. You slung your backpack over your shoulder, and proceeded to walk home by yourself. Your friend, Callan, who usually walks with you back home hadn't been at school today.

Y/n: Hiii why weren't you at school today? :<

You had texted her multiple times, but she had not responded to anything, and you didn't see her online either. It was confusing, Callan replied to messages within minutes. You shrugged it off, and put your phone away.

"I'M HOME!" You shouted at you reached the house. "Welcome home honey, there's food on the counter if you want some." Your mom said from the living room.

You grabbed some of your favorite snacks(I'll let you decide which snack), stumbled your way to your room, tripping over random pieces of laundry strewn across the floor, not even bothering to take off your shoes. You were excited, since season two of you're favorite anime Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) just came out.

"Ta ga sode ni saku genka
Tada soko ni ai wo otoshita
Hade ni iro wo tokasu yo ni ginshu no tsuki wo soete..."

You hummed along with the opening song. You had finished the entire manga, and was super excited to see it animated.

You texted Callan, who was also a fan of Demon Slayer.

Y/n: Hey! I'm watching season two of demon slayer rn, have you seen it yet?
Y/n: if you haven't you can come over and watch
Y/n: I'm bored

You waited a few minutes, but no reply came. You set your phone down on the carpet. You were getting kind of worried, was she mad at you? Or did she just lose her phone or something? You'll try to talk to her at school tomorrow, if they're there. For now, you turned you're attention back to the anime that was now playing and tried not to overthink.

You sighed as you watched the episode where Tanjiro was at the Rengoku household, remembering how you had cried your eyes out after watching the movie of the Mugen Train Arc, when Rengoku had died.

You had gotten to know every character so well. They may be fictional, but they taught you so many things. To care. To dream. To strive. To value friendships. To fight for what is important to you. They were real to you.

If only they were real...

...

You yawned as you sat up, the sun was setting. You must have fallen asleep.

"I guess I'll be heading down for dinner soon." You rubbed your eyes to clear your blurry vision. When you had fully woken up, you realized something. You're room had carpet flooring, however right now you were sitting on a muddy forest floor.

"WAIT WHAT!?" You jumped up and spun around checking your surroundings, "IF THIS IS SOME KIND OF JOKE, ITS NOT FUNNY!!"

How'd I get there? You dusted yourself off, you were still wearing whatever you threw on this morning.

(I found this image online it is not mine)

You tried to calm down and think of what to do. Wandering around, you decided that this forest was no where near where you lived. The forest was way too large to be any where near the urban city you lived in, where a patch of bushes would be the most impressive greenery you'll find.

Slowing down to catch your breath a bit, you realized you were obviously on a mountain, judging by the slope of the ground. It must be pretty high up, now that you noticed, the air was incredibly thin.

I guess I'll have to find someone and ask where this is, and I should hurry, you thought. it was getting dark and a bit chilly. The forest looked creepy in the dark. You got a stick from the ground, just in case you'll need to defend yourself.

"It is much too late for a kid like you to be wandering around the mountain."

You spun around, as you swung your stick at whoever was behind you. You turned to see no one there,"H-huh? They disappeared?"

Then you saw who the person from the corner of your eye, the person hadn't disappeared, he had dodged your stick and jumped to the side. You wheeled around to be faced with a scowling, red goblin mask.

You screamed, stumbling back and holding the stick in front of you, you felt your hands trembling, "P-Please don't hurt me." You stammered. You looked at the man, he was pretty old, wearing traditional Japanese clothing, and a red goblin mask.

You froze, lowering the stick you held in your hands, wait, isn't that...

"UROKODAKI SAKONJI?!"

__________

To be continued...