Chapter 16

August Pov

In the pit of my stomach I knew something wasn't right. I laid in my bed thinking of the future and how bad I fucked up. I aint want this street life no more! I wanted better and I was going to get better.

I aint gone lie this has fed my family and with the money I make it was enough to last us for a while but I damn sure wasn't going back to a 9 to 5. I wasn't cut out for that shit.

I couldn't wait to marry Miracle that was my first goal. I had other goals but after I do this bid then I wouldn't do more illegal shit. This sounds like some shit niggas say when they get down and to their lowest point but it was true.

There was way more than life then selling, and operating a big business full of drugs. I enjoyed the money but I wanted to do something different. Every night since I been home I sung the kids to sleep. They love when I sing to them. It was something that actually made my heart skip a beat.

I was thinking hard about what Miracle would look like in that wedding dress she purchased a few days ago. I was excited but I was nervous as hell. This was going to be forever and all though I loved her to death I wondered if we were going to make it till forever. All those doubts were pushed in the back of my head when I looked into our kids eyes. She sacrificed a lot for me.

I turned on my side facing Miracle. She was knocked out too and sound asleep which was unusual for her. She was a light sleeper. I got closer to her and I kissed her lips a couple times.

She slowly began to stir from her sleep and she automatically puckered her lips and kissed my lips back. She opened her eyes and closed the back as my tongue slipped into her mouth.

I slowly broke away from the kiss and I stroked the side of her face with my knuckle. She smiled at me while we laid their staring into each other eyes.

"Would it be crazy if I wanted to get married right now?" I whispered.

"Right now?" She asked with wide eyes.

"If you don't want to baby we aint gotta" I said as my hands roamed to her ass. I squeezed it and she squealed a little and she placed her hand on my cheek and kissed me.

"Let's do this" She said staring me in her eyes.

A big smile crept across my lips and I threw the covers off of us and I rolled over and made my way out of the bed. I watched as she made her way out the bed as well. My move depended on hers. I watched as she headed to the bathroom. I followed behind her. She had our tooth brushes in her hand. She handed me mine and with her other hand she picked up the toothpaste.

"We need to get ready but as quite as possible." She instructed.

I nodded and I begin to feel proud because the simple of the fact that my baby was calling the shots. She was cool with being the boss which proved she could hold it down while I was away. I began to brush my teeth as well.

After we tended to our personal hygiene, we gathered everything we needed to head out to Las Vegas, Nevada. Yes it seemed absolutely crazy we we're getting married right now but I felt in my heart like it was right.

I called in a few favors because a few people owed me some favors. I worked my magic and a private jet was waiting for us at the airport to take off in the next fifteen minutes.

I left my mom a note explaining our sudden decision and I hope she would understand. Miracle texted her mom telling her what was going it. It was literally 3 am in the morning and by time we got to Vegas It would be 4:30 AM.

As I sat next to Miracle in the private jet she bit down on her bottom lip. I didn't know what she was thinking. I never did but what I did know that she was down for me and that spoke volumes without her saying anything.