Chapter 4: Dirty Secrets

Miracle G.

It had been two weeks since I last heard August voice and quite frankly it was driving me crazy. His mom was constantly praying and crying. I couldn't even cry no more because I was all cried out. I just slept in the hospital chair and I talked to him every day.

Whatever was on lifetime is what I watched while he laid their practically fighting for his life. I would find myself sometimes feeling these pains in my stomach. I need to make me another appointment for the doctor because these pains came and stayed for a good five minutes or so.

I was scrolling through Instagram till I heard these beeping noises from the monitors that's was observing August brain activity.

Considering I had been here for two weeks now I pretty sure knew that that machine didn't beep like it was now. Worried, I quickly jumped to my feet and threw my phone down in the chair behind me. I yelled at the nurses who were at the nurse station doing whatever.

"His brain monitor thing is going off!" I yelled.

A few nurses came rushing in the room telling me I couldn't come back in and a nurse would shortly be out to hand me my cellphone. The doctor rushed in shortly after and I was standing outside of the room just waiting.

As I was waiting I began to get a little thirsty so I walked away to find a vending machine. I had a taste for a wild cherry Pepsi and I was going to get on. Somehow I ended up outside of the baby nursery peeking into the glass at all the cute new born babies.

I watched the babies as they slept wrapped in their pink or blue blankets. It made me think of Auggy and Alyssa and how much I missed them a lot. I watched as an older nurse walked out the nursery to greet me.

"I love to watch them sleep" She said peeking into the glass to.

"I do to because they look so peaceful" I say.

"There just like sleeping angels" She stated.

I began to smile at what she said and I made eye contact with her. Something about her made me feel comfortable just standing there and exchanging those few words to each other.

"I remember when my babies where in the nursery. I tried to get down here every day but the doctor and my kid's father had to talk me into not coming down here every day" I said getting teary eyed.

I noticed I was getting emotional and quickly. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and the lady patted my back.

"It's going to be ok honey. Whatever you're going through just know it will get greater later and God is going to bring you out of this storm and when he brings you out of this storm it's going to be a beautiful rainbow. I promise you as long as you have your faith in God" She said.

In all honestly, I was mad at God. I know you're not supposed to say that but if he loved me why would he take August away from me like that for two weeks? Why would he send Jayceon in my house only to destroy what me and August had built. I honestly think he was punishing me for taking that Plan B pill.

"I will try to keep that in mind" I said getting ready to turn around and leave.

I hesitated before I walked away and I turned to look at the lady one more time and she had disappeared back in the nursery. I headed back to August hospital room decided not to even get a drink.

I closed my eyes tightly and I begin to have a conversation with God. I felt like it was the right thing to do after all that's happened within Two weeks.

"God, if you hear me can you please heal my boyfriend and kid's father. I know I have been angry and upset but I wish you would cast the anger and hurt away. Fill my heart with love and joy. God, I come to you today and ask for your forgiveness for my negative behavior and attitude. I hope that I and my family can overcome these crazy obstacles with you by our side leading us to the right path in God's name I pray, Amen"