Chapter 5

August Pov.

I hated being basically crippled. My right side of my body didn’t work to my advantage. I felt bad that I couldn’t help with the twins and Miracle’s mom basically had to move in with us.

It had been six months since the incident and I was healing quicker than the doctor’s expected. Today was my last therapy session and I could basically be free to do whatever I wanted.

Right now I was in bed watching North Carolina play basketball. Miracle was sitting in the bed doing Alyssa’s hair. Since they turned one it had been hard on me as well.

My babies where using Sippy Cups and walking around the house getting into everything they were big enough to do. Being one and potty trained for their age they were exceptionally advancing rather fast for their ages.

I looked over at Alyssa who was being difficult with her mother. She moved her head every time Miracle tried to brush her hair into a ponytail.

“Alyssa stop!” She yelled.

Alyssa’s eyes got wide and she began to cry loudly now. Soon her cries turned into screams they always did.

“Oh my gosh” Miracle said getting out of bed.

“I’m done” She said as she stomped out of the room.

I shook my head at her and I began to laugh. The mom was acting like a baby and then wants to get mad when the baby acts like a baby. I don’t get it.

I picked up Alyssa with my left arm and walked out of the room to find Miracle instead I ran into her mom.

“What’s going on?” She asked eyeing me.

“Alyssa wouldn’t her do her hair so Miracle got mad and stormed out of the room” I said simply.

“Lord, she is losing her mind” She said softly.

I looked at her like she knew something I didn’t know. “What do you mean by that?” I asked curiously now.

“That’s something you two should discuss” She said nonchalantly.

“But you know something I don’t. She discussed it with you then you can discuss it with me.”

“Don’t worry. She will tell you soon” She said taking Alyssa out of my arms.

“Go talk to her” She said before walking away.

Good thing we had an elevator in this house so I wouldn’t have to hop all the way downstairs. When I reached the bottom floor I saw Miracle bundled up on the couch in her blanket watching The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

I sat at the end of the couch and I focused on the Tv. Knowing that she was hiding something from me wasn’t sitting right with me at all.

I grabbed the remote from the table and turned the TV off. She removed her covers and started to sit up right.

“Why did you do that?” She asked confused.

“Because we need to talk” I said.

“Talk about?”

“Talk about what you’ve been hiding from me” I said staring her in her eyes.

She looked everywhere but into my eyes. I grabbed her chin and she began to stare at me. Taking it has been 6 months and she had been acting weirdly.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“Your mom knows something I don’t. When she knows something I don’t then it’s not good or you’re really scared to tell me. It’s not like ima get mad or cuss you out. Now tell me what’s up” I said.