Chapter 17

Valeria woke up and her body throbbed in pain. She felt her body moving, and fur under her. She opened her eyes and looked around. She was on a horse. "Stay still Princess. You will open your back back up." She saw a slave that had been at that Bastards camp said.

She nodded weakly. 

"Princess? Are how are you feeling? How is your pain?" Elrick asked. "It hurts." Valeria mumbled. He reached over and patted her hand. She gave a weak smile. "Valeria. You're awake. I need you to stay still." It was Bjorn now. But she couldn't see him, she must be on his horse with him. 

"She should be going back to sleep soon." The slave told Bjorn. "Just make sure she stays on the horse." He ordered. It was the last thing she heard before it went dark once again.

__

They arrived back to the castle. Some of his men allowed him inside when they saw the men coming it. "Get the healers." He ordered to some of the servants of the castle. Someone rushed over and he handed Valeria over.

He watched as she was carried away. 

Bjorn got off his horse

Bjorn got off his horse. "Take the sick and injured to be treated as well." He ordered. "Princess Valeria ordered it." He continued. The slaves and such were taken to be cared for. Bjorn looked at Elrick as he got off his own horse for it to be taken away.

"I will give you some praise. You stayed and fought. But that doesn't mean I like you. You will never have Valeria. She's mine, and mine alone." Bjorn told Elrick. Elrick glared at him. "She was to be mine first. She would've agreed to my proposal if her brother hadn't fucked up." Elrick told the Viking Chieftan.

"Well lucky for her and I that he did." Bjorn grinned. "Cause she needs a leader, not a follower. She's mine, you are to keep her safe when I am gone. Nothing else." Bjorn told him. "Now if you excuse me. I am going to check on MY bride." He said and then left.

Elrick glared at Bjorns back. A servant came over and lead him away to make sure his wounds were ok.

__

Valeria opened her eyes and saw that she was in her room. She looked around. She heard Bjorn call her what he refused to tell her what it meant. She turned her head to see Bjorn using a poker to keep the fire going. 

He put it away and went over to her. "You need to stay there and rest." He told her as he sat beside her. He touched her cheek. "You were really hurt, and there's medicine on your back. You need to keep the pressure on it by staying on your back." He told her.

She nodded. "I'm thirsty." She weakly. He nodded and poured her a goblet of water, then helped her lift her head to drink the water. He put the goblet down when she had enough. He gently put her head back down.

"The slaves and servants? Are they ok?" She asked. He cracked a smirk. Of course, she was more worried about them and not herself. "They are being cared for. They will be working here for us. They will come with us when we married." He explained.

She looked at him. 

"Only if they want to come with us. I won't force them." Valeria told him seriously. She refused to have slaves who were kidnapped and or sold into the life. She wanted to help them. Care for them.

Bjorn looked at her. She was such a good person. She was such a kind heart. Yet so strong and tough. She was able to keep herself as safe as possible against his brother and his men.

It made his heart grow more for her.

"I will make sure of that. Just rest." He told her and took her hand. Her eyes were heavy, and she closed them. "What is the name you keep calling me?" She asked as she started falling asleep. He waited till he knew she was asleep once again.

"It means 'moon of my life'." He whispered before actually kissing her head.