Chapter 16

Valeria woke up being nudged with a foot. She groaned and looked up seeing Bjorn's brother glaring down at her. She was sure she was filthy once more as she was sleeping in the dirt. "Get up whore." He ordered her before walking away.

She glared at him as she got up. Her joints stiff from the hard ground she slept on, but didn't show her discomfort, as she went over to where he stopped.

"I will be leaving for food. But I wanted to see what my brother sees in you." He told her, grabbing her arm, he pulled her in, and soon his mouth was roughly on her own. She grew angry.

Unlike with Bjorn, this man only filled her with disgust. She bit down roughly onto him and when he pulled away, she felt the warmth of his blood on her, even tasted the coopery taste of his blood. She spat it into his face.

He glared at her and roughly back handed her once more, making her fall to the ground. He then started laughing. "So. That's what he sees. A challenge. Something to break to his will." He said amused. Still laughing.

Valeria glared at him.

"When Bjorn finds you, and he will, he will kill you for touching me." She grinned at him. "And I will relish in your screams of pain. I will bathe Bjorn in your blood." She told him as she stood. Never breaking eye contact with the bastard.

"I will help him kill you. I will then take all your servants and captured slaves and take them back home to care for them. Free them. I am to be the Queen of Vikings. And I am above you in every way." She told him. He went to hit her again but stopped noticing she wasn't going to flinch.

He glared at her.

"Tie her up. I want her naked in my bed when I return. I will fuck obedience into her when I return." The bastard told one of his guards before getting upon his horse and road off with a handful of men.

Valeria struggled when the guards grabbed her and tied her up. She was forced to be on her knees and tied to a very low post. When they walked away, Veleria said a prayer. Hoping Bjorn came before his brother did.

___

Bjorn road hard and fast with his men. He was surprised Elrick was able to keep up with his riders with his wound. He was strong. Bjorn will give him that. But he still hated him. He sees how the guard looks at HIS bride.

The want and desire in his eyes. Bjorn knew the guard wanted HIS bride, and Bjorn would be damned if he was going to allow that to happen. Veleria was HIS and HIS alone.

Seeing smoke, the riders stopped. "There they are." Bjorn told his men. His bride was there, and he hoped his bastard of a brother was there as well for him to kill. End this once and for all. That's when they heard a scream.

Elrick knew that scream.

"That was Veleria." He told Bjorn. Bjorns blood boiled even more.

___

The guards had torn Valeria's dress and under cloths off her body and was whipping her. She had bitten the hand of one who was trying to tie her mouth after she got angry when a slave was hit for trying to give her some water.

She was embarrassed and in pain.

She couldn't help but scream in pain when being hit these times. It hurt to much. 

She could hear them telling her that after their Chieftan was done, they were going to pass her around. Make her all the soldiers whore. She was disgusted.

That's when one fell down dead with an arrow in the back of his head.

She looked up and saw Bjorn and Elrick riding in with Bjorn's men. 

She weakly smiled. Her body was overtaken with pain. She was so weak by now. 

The soldiers stood there. Frightened. With good reason. Bjorn was worse than his brother was, and they were just beating his woman.

Both Bjorn and Elrick saw Valeria naked, bloody and tied to the ground. Anger filling them both at how she broken she looked. 

They went on the attack. Bjorn made his way to his bride, cutting down anyone in his way.

Valeria had this moment to see how brutal Bjorn was in battle. His dark eyes on her. The one guard stood in front of her. Keeping Bjorn from her. "You will cease and surrender yourself to Chieftan Leviathan. Or I kill the whore." He said.

Bjorn stood there and looked the guard over. "You were the one who was hitting my bride?" He asked seeing the whip. The man in front of him grinned. "Indeed. She will be whipped even more when I put you down for my Chieftan." The man boosted. 

Bjorn looked at her once more. Valeria looked at him. "Kill him." She told Bjorn weakly.

He grinned a twisted and evil grin. 

Bjorn then tossed his sword, and even took his daggers out and also tossed them away. He will kill the man with his bare hands.

Elrick was able to finally get to Valeria and grabbed a blanket to cover her bare body. Then he got her freed from her binds. He helped her up and was going to pick her up to take her away, but she shook her head. "I want to see this." She told him.

She wanted to see this other bastard die, but she also had to show she wasn't weak in front of Bjorn and his men.

Elrick knew why she was doing this. But he wanted to get her to be patched up. 

She gripped onto him as he made sure she didn't crumble to the ground. 

She watched as the fight started. She was in awe of this. She was so worried for Bjorn. No idea as to why he would toss away his weapons. She was terrified of him getting hurt.

But like wind, Bjorn blocked and dodged the attacks. 

Soon, the fight was over with Bjorn ripping the mans throat open with his own hand, and reached up tore his tongue out.

He held it up, and the man was in shock as he choked on his own blood before crumbling.

Bjorn looked at Veleria, still holding it up. "A gift for you, my bride." He told her.

She watched him walk to her before he tossed the bloody appendage away and took hold of her face. He called her the word he refused to tell her what it meant. "What did they do to you?" He asked, making sure she was ok, but covered from Elrick and his men.

She shook her head. "I just want to go home. I want the slaves and servants as well. They also need medical attention." She said, swaying. Her vision was going dark. And soon she also crumbled, unable to stay awake any longer.