Chapter 15

Valeria was in town. She was wearing a dragon necklace sort of thing. It was a gift from Bjorn. Dragons are his people's sigil. So, he wanted her to have it on to support their engagement. 

She was looking at her upcoming wedding dress. She wanted to see it. But seeing it, made the knowledge that she was getting married to a Viking Chieftan so much harder to swallow. Yes, she had fallen for him, but it was still scary to think about. 

Elrick touched her shoulder, making her jump out of her thoughts. She looked up at him. "Are you alright princess?" He asked her. She cleared her throat and nodded. "Yes. Sorry, I was just lost in my mind." She explained. 

"Did you want to talk about it?" Elrick asked her caringly. She shook her head. "Just about the wedding is all." She said softly and then walked away showing she wasn't wanting to talk about it at all.

He watched her with longing. 

Valeria went to a different stand and was looking at things. A fight started in between her in the stand, and Elrick who was trying to get to her. He tried to get past the fight to get to and protect his Princess. 

But he soon felt a stabbing pain in his gut. He looked down and saw a dagger in his gut. "Say good bye." He was told. This was all a set up. Before it went black, he saw a man walk behind Valeria.

Valeria looked back hearing the fighting. But yelped as she was grabbed from behind, and her mouth was covered. She struggled and screamed under the hand covering her mouth as she was dragged away. 

She was hit in the face, knocking her out with another yelp.

__

A table was thrown and broken with a roar of anger from Bjorn.

"She was under HIS watch! And he let her be taken!" Bjorn yelled. "I've never liked him anyway." Castian told the pissed off Viking Chieftan, trying to not show how frightened he was. 

"I tried to get to her." Elrick told the man angerly as he made his way into the room. He had been patched up and saved. He was pissed as well with himself. She was under his watch, and he let her down.

She was taken thanks to his inability to see the trap before it started. He failed to, and now she was gone.

Bjorn glared at him and grabbed the guard by the neck and pinned the wounded man to a piler. The guard didn't even fight back. He failed.

"You fucker! I should rip your throat out with my teeth!" Bjorn threatened. He then dropped the man. "Who did you see? Tell me what they looked like." He ordered Elrick. A maid helped Elrick sit down and made sure the wound didn't reopen, but he waved her off.

Elrick told him what the man whom he saw walking up behind Valeria. "He reminded me of you heathen bastards." He continued. Bjorn growled and grabbed the statue beside him and threw it with a roar of anger.

"That bastard!" Bjorn knew who it was. And knew who he was under. It was Bjorn's brother. When Bjorn beat him for the title of Chieftan from his uncle. He ran off and the last Bjorn heard that he became Chieftan of another clan. But it was their enemy. With the warning that he was going to kill Bjorn and take the land for himself.

"Who is it?" Elrick asked. "My brother. He always said he would destroy me. Kill me. He wants my lands. To grow out his own lands. His own lands." Bjorn told everyone in the room. "She will either be killed or turned into one of his whores." He explained angerly.

"I will find him and kill him. I'm done being nice to my blood." Bjorn told them, he then headed out of the room. He ordered one of his men to ready the others. He was getting his bride back.