Beautiful Boy - Persephone

Persephone frequented the Underworld: When her mother was away and the mortals' gardens were tended to, she would sneak away to Hades. Often, he left her alone to explore; curious as she was, though, she always gravitated back to Hades. He held her, read to her. Sometimes she fell asleep, and he held her all the tighter, as if she would slip away if his grip went slack.

Their self-control, both of theirs, weakened and weakened as they spend more time together. Hades would touch her more intimately, her lips would brush against his. Sometimes they attended parties together, drunk too much, and slipped away, kissing passionately. 

It was Hades' birthday. He hadn't thrown much of a party, just her, Hecate, and the souls who lived in his realm. At some point, Zeus, Hera, and Poseidon showed up, but no one noticed Persephone. 

"You look especially lovely today, my dear," Hades whispered, his voice so deep it made her shiver. Her long, radiant red hair was tied up, piled on her head in intricate braids. Her dress, black and glittery, reached down to her bare feet. Colorful flowers were tied in her hair, slipped in folds of her dress, twining around her arms. She felt her lips curve upward. 

"All for you, Your Majesty." She curtseyed, half-mocking him. He smirked.

"You know, Persephone," Hades began. "We are more than just King and subject."

"Mmm?" Persephone hummed.

"You are a Goddess, as I am a God. We should treat each other as such," Hades rumbled.

"What are you proposing, My Lord?" Persephone feigned innocence, blinking her eyes at him. 

"Let's leave this Godsforsaken party."