12. The birthday bash 🎂

"He is just our lowlie playmate. Don't pay your precious attention to him. Well, I think you'll enjoy the 'Princess Bids' game. We have an unlimited amount to bid, so try it out. " With his Keyscrib3, Helios closed the distance between us.

 " With his Keyscrib3, Helios closed the distance between us

(Keyscrib3)

I looked at Dev, who was bowing his head in shame. All of a sudden, an agitated feeling came across my heart. Maybe because I was a sufferer of neglect in the past, I felt his embarrassment, or was I just saddened by his grim expression? I said, "It is up to me to decide with whom I want to associate, and it is definitely not you two who cannot respect others, even if they are different from you." With my speech spared, I took Dev's hands and ran across to the corner. "Could you please read me a book, Dev?" I took a book off the shelf. Nope, all of these are children's books. My taste in books is inclined to horror, adventure, and, not going to lie, adult stories.

"Thales! Thales! Do you have any horror books that I have not read?"

"Hey! He is our servant. He isn't our equal! You should be with us, not with him. I will read you a book." Helios dashed, screaming with his minion.

"I don't want to be friends with mean people. If you want to be friends with me, you have to promise you will not bully anybody anymore."

"We aren't bullying anyone. We are just stating facts. That he isn't up on your station."

"OK Helios, I don't want to play with you then. Because you only care about your status. That wasn't even your creation and you are demeaning someone-"

"I am sorry on behalf of him. I get what you are saying. Now, please don't be mad at us; we can all have fun together." Zyglavis interjected me with his confession.

"OK, it is not that I have any hate towards you. It is just that I don't want anybody to be sad." "Thales! Do you-"

"Here, miss, your new book."

"Thanks, Thales."

With a mysterious voice, Dev started reading the story, "Goosebumps" But it was getting interrupted by the new arrival of some boys wanting to play with me, and me politely saying "No, thanks." and then joining the group of spooky story-telling things. After multiple instances of boys trying to talk, I just felt unhappy. Don't they really know that you should never interfere in between story listening.

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!" I screamed.

I was just touched on the back of my hand.I looked for what it was and saw Zyglavis holding my hands. With tears in my eyes, I screamed, "Do you want to kill me! I was so scared because of your sneaky move."

"I was just trying to give you courage."

"Don't hold hands out of the blue!"

"I will take note of it," bashfully said Zyglavis.

"Oh my God, Krioff, please say hello to her, come here. Don't be shy. " A man in his late 30s dragged a cute boy near me. He is cute, almost my height of 3 feet. He has brownish-red hair, smooth skin with little sprinkles of freckles on the bridge of his sharp nose, pure blue eyes, and rosey lips with his shy charm.
"Hi." I waved at him. He further hid behind the male figure.

"Say hi to Miss Aneri, Krioff." "My name is Hugo DeLeo, and he is my son." "Happy birthday, Miss Aneri." said the male figure.

"Thank you. You don't have to force him to talk to me. "

"It's not like that..." "Happy Birthday." Krioff, with his sweet innocent voice, answered.

"Aneri, don't talk to him. It will disturb the flow of the story. " ~ Helio.

"Ok"

And we are all immersed in listening to the story.

***************

Sorry for posting this so late and this short, but I was and am busy with applications for a master's program. Please pray that I get a chance to study at my desired university campus.
But most importantly, comment and vote. So that it motivates me to write more frequently.