Boring life of a boring man

Ram's POV:(Ram 👆 in the photo above)

I woke up at 5'O clock on my usual time to my alarm sound. I turned it off and did my chores and changed into tracks and a hoodie for my daily jog. I went to the coffee machine and have my daily dosage of morning coffee, enjoying the city in lights through my apartment window.

It is very calm now, there are only few people on the roads like paper boys or milk boys, a few elders who are walking in the empty streets in groups, the elder people in this apartment do this everyday, they form into small groups and start walking and exercising along with laughter and with some jokes on one another.

Our apartments are secluded and provided with everything including gym, children's park, swimming pool, courts for basketball and volleyball etc., walking and jogging tracks everything, it's a gated community apartments, it's like a little society itself.

I bought an apartment in this venture a few years back and I'm still paying the EMI for the bank, i still have to pay two more years to complete the debt. As an attractive package of a little above one lakh, every month my half salary will be went to the bank for the purpose of EMI on the names of my apartment and car.

But these are necessary things, I'm currently working as a team leader in a well known MNC company. I joined as a junior and with in two years i promoted to be a TL due to my hardwork.

I'm 30 years old now. My father's name is Krishnamurthy who was a retired army employee, now doing a part time job as a proof reader for a famous newspaper company. He's a man of few words, i have no siblings. My father always wanted a girl while they have got only me. He adores girls very much. My mom's name is sarada, she's a homemaker but can do fantastic embroidery, she knows all the works and can help make embroidery in her free time for a small scale shop that her friend running. My dad always support her to start her own embroidery business but she never shows interest, saying she can do embroidery out of interest but she can't manage a business. She always told me how much she wanted a girl child to make different dresses for her, braid her hair and go shopping and what not. But my mom loves me very much. She said all her wishes, she will fulfill with her daughter-in-law. Now how could I tell my mom that no girl is ready to have a relationship with a boring person like me.

My parents live in the same city but at the opposite end of the city, it takes two to three hours for me to get to my office given the hectic traffic of city. I used to travel six hours to and fro daily, and when came home i would completely wasted and sometimes sleep without eating. So my parents suggested i should buy an apartment near my office, after a lot of pursuing here I am. So i purchased an apartment near my office which I'm currently living in.

Though it's convenient to go to office from here, I'm missing my mom's cooking like hell. Well it's nice to eat out and order swiggy or get take outs at first or once in a while, but eating it everyday is a difficult task and after sometime i got bored of it, i crave my mom's homemade food. Though i used to go to home in weekends, i need to wait for 5 days to get home only for two days.

I completed my B.Tech and got a job in campus selections in a company. I'm a simple man, i have average looks. Though I'm not handsome, it's not like I'm not good looking. But i have glasses, my big round black rimmed glasses as i have sight issues from my childhood. I look somewhat good but I'm a man of few words, and i don't know how to style up, I'm pretty boring as I'm not talkative, at the same time i won't allow any carelessness or laziness in work, i don't take excuses, that's why I've been called as a maddog behind my back in my office.

Five years back i changed my job to a MNC company which gives better opportunity to my career and slowly it makes almost impossible to go home and often my parents would come to see me. Because i always feel tired. According to them i somewhat feel depressed due to my loneliness, so they want me to have a companion and they don't want me to live alone. So they got this superb idea of getting me married off. Why? Because not only I stopped visiting them, i also stopped visiting my friends in the free time or weekends, because almost they all got married and busy with their families so obviously they don't have time for me. So here my parents trying to put my head in the gutter of marriage by their own hands.