That OMINOUS FEELING

The hand wrapped around my waist and before I knew I was embraced. I have never considered myself tiny but I felt so small yet so secure in the embrace that I wanted to stay like that for a while. I felt the other hand over my head, and before I could register anything and soak in the warmth and jitters I was feeling, I heard a loud crash. The blood trickled down on my bare hands, but I wasn't hurt- the blood wasn't mine. Terrified, I looked up just to get my head pushed down firmly.

-x-

I turned on my bed reaching out for the table clock, it was 7 in the morning.

Are you kidding me? I thought to myself annoyed, what a start to my day. Now I cannot sleep because if I do I will definitely be late for class, and Ren will simply kill me because the year just started. I groaned loudly before kicking the blanket off and rolling out of the bed.

I sighed looking at my reflection, I looked awful- maybe it was because of the stupid memory fragment that decided to pop up in my head outta nowhere. If I could, I would have simply cleaned it out of my memory forever. I sighed yet again.

I glared at my horrible bedhead, it's going to take a long time to get my hair done. I shook my head as I ran my hand through my hair wondering if I should dye them. I don't want to boast or anything but God has blessed me with great looks so am sure I can pull off any hairstyle and hair color, but well my naturally dark brown hair just seemed right for my hazel eyes and fair skin. I came out of the bathroom deciding not to color my lovely hair which looked way better now.

I took a deep breath in as I walked onto the balcony, stretching my hands wide. I closed my eyes enjoying the breeze just when I was hit across the face with a damn newspaper! Brilliant! Just Brilliant!

I looked around to see if anyone witnessed my embarrassing moment and I found the newspaper boy standing in front of our gate, dressed in all black- a hoodie, cap, and mask- well I have great eyesight don't I? But damn it, I could tell that he saw it all!

"YAH! You don't need to throw the paper on the balcony, just leave it with milk."I yelled, trying my best not to be embarrassed, it seemed like he apologized as he bowed and hurried away.

"Today is just not my day." I told myself to give up on the day. I walked up to my walk-in wardrobe. "The uniform... Where did I keep it again, Here it is."I pulled out my uniform, well I can wear a rag and look good. I am sure I slay in the uniform as well, I shrugged before putting it on.

I unbuttoned the first button of my shirt, that's more like it- well it was just a plain white shirt with the school emblem on its left pocket, and it went pretty well with the light brown pants. Have I mentioned I hate ties? That's the exact reason I don't wear them, at least until Ren forces me to, I shrugged pocketing the tie.

I pulled on the navy blazer, it's not compulsory to wear it but that's the only piece in my uniform that I approve of. I threw the blazer on and surprisingly enough the uniform just looked wearable. I finally pushed my hair back, perfecting the styling, checking the left side and then right, my jaw looked just right- "Perfecto!" I was satisfied with the way I looked.

I walked downstairs just to find my breakfast ready on the table. God bless my savior Susan. Quickly shoving the sandwich in my mouth with a glass of juice in hand I rushed to the shoe cupboard. "You should sit down and eat comfortably Cyan." I heard my father saying. "oh! You are home? I thought you would be in Beijing for the week." I said gulping down the sandwich as I walked back to the table, where my father was seated now.

"Well, I will be leaving at night. Do you want me to get you anything?" He asked looking at me lovingly, and unconsciously I was reminded of the memory I wanted to forget. I was glad I was there at that time and on that day, or else our relationship would have been strained as ever. I am glad I met you. I thought before I could stop myself.