Ch.2~ School...

Solcia POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School didn't start of that bad. Everybody was in algebra so that made it fun. But because it was algebra- we already had homework. It would be cool if I could just snap my fingers and *poof* the work would be done! She said it was review, but I don't think anybody remembers it. Does she really expect me to remember how to graph y=3/4x+7 or remember quadratics?? I will be best friends with Google today.

Next was English and well. . .
It was English. We already have a book report but we have 2 months to do it so I'm not too worried. I can do it on divergent anyway and get well over 500 words done. She doesn't know if I've read it before. I had that class with Gabe and when she started talking about the report, his face dropped! He hates reading, and doesn't like writing, so I expect him to ask somebody in our group for help.

After that I had Spanish with Willow and Cara. I'm going to have some trouble in that class if the teacher doesn't let us talk. We had a group assignment and because we are so awesome, and everybody else apparently doesn't know Spanish very well, we were the first ones done. When we started talking, the teacher walked up to us and was like "Excuse me, but please finish your work before you start talking." When she said that I responded with "Well we are done with our work. Would you like to check?" She grabbed my notebook and if looks could kill, I would be dead. she glared at me and dropped the notebook on the desk when she was done checking. I'm surprised she isn't a drama teacher. When she walked away, this annoying kid named Miles started talking to me and was like "Ooooh look at the stiff getting called out! Did you practice your Spanish?" Sometimes, a butter knife would be handy.

Now, I'm here at lunch. Everyone was here except Hera of course. "Hey, who wants to do a book report?" I looked at Gabe when he said that. "I knew you were going to ask somebody!"
"Ok, good for you! *sarcasm* Do you want to do a book report for me or not?!"

"If you want me to make you sound like a little girl ranting about a book, I can do that!"
He stopped talking about the report after that. I looked over my shoulder and spotted the people from this morning. It was almost the end of lunch and they haven't touched their food. Maybe they really are different?
Lunch soon finished and I washed my hands before heading to orchestra.

Once I got their, I saw Gabe and Hera are in this class to! Gabe plays cello and Hera plays viola. "Ok class, settle down. I have listened to your previous entries from before the school year had started and have all your seatings." I zoned out after that. It would be a while till she called my name. I was suddenly interrupted by "Solcia Hasselblatt, 4th chair 1st violin. Miles Stellar, 5th chair 1st violin." Wow. I think she made an error because there is no way I got 4th chair. And I know she made an error because Miles is 5th chair. When did he start playing violin? Anyway, Hera got 1st chair and Gabe got 2nd chair. Orchestra went smoothly after the seating. We sight read some pieces and started talking about our upcoming concerts. This was going to be a busy school year.

Then was Civics. I had that class with Willow. The teacher had us take a 'quiz' to see what we already remember. I realized that Willow is a civics master, because within 3 minutes, she was done. 3 minutes. I could never finish that fast, and I don't think I ever could. I did finish a few minutes later though. We did nothing the rest of the class.

Chorus. I like to sing, but that doesn't mean I sing good. I am in that class because I like to sing, not because I expect myself to sing amazingly. I walked in and I look on the board to see 'Bella Canta: Singing Test!' Then I heard Hera squealing. Of course she would. Hera has an amazing voice, and loved to sing at any given time, solo or in a group. After Hera showed off her goddess-like voice and I showed my proud squealing-bird voice, class was shortly over.

Finally! Last class! You'd think it might be a good ending for the first day right? Not. At. All. I walked in and was about to take a seat with my group of friends (we all had this class) When the teacher stopped us and gave us assigned seats. WHY??!! I went to my desk and was happy when I saw nobody was sitting next to me. Then he walked in. No, not Miles, the kid from this morning with hazel hair. And, to top it of, he sat next to me. My stomach started making tsunamis. I could feel it. There was something off. I don't care if I seemed like a weirdo, but I had to find out.

I turned to him and stuck my hand out for him to shake. "Hi, I'm Solcia. Whats your name?" I figured it would be weird to start off with 'Hi I'm Solcia! Are you human?' He looked at me for a second and looked away, leaving me hanging. "Okay, that's cool. Just leave me hanging like that." He didn't respond- which I'm thankful for. It gave me time to think. I could have sworn his eyes were black. I don't think there would be any reason to change into different colored contacts throughout the day. Something was definitely up. While the teacher was talking about who knows what, I started doodling and thinking. What did I doodle? 'Fake' stuff. You know, Mermaids, Fairies, Witches, Ghosts, Wizards, Wolfs, ect. People think I'm crazy, but I think there is a chance that stuff could be real. Why not? It would make sense that if people were, they wouldn't say anything. Thinking about the Salem Witch Trials, it was probably better they didn't say anything. Maybe the person next to me was some 'mythical creature'...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N Hey! Things are just starting to pick up! Could mythical creatures be real? Is Solcia just crazy? Here is a pic of Willow btw. Happy Cinco de Mayo!

~Anamaria