~ Chapter 2 ~

Elora's POV

I usually didn't bother paying attention to orientation. But I wanted to see if Sophie was starting today, because then we could have lunch together. So I paid attention. Listening to orientation made me remember why I didn't pay attention to it. I quickly flicked my Empathy on so I could see how Sophie would feel after she found out they used a spotlight and actually introduced her.

The amount of emotions I was hit with once I turned it on, was not pleasant. It was like a herd of woolly mammoths had stampeded in.

Then the spotlight went on, and I was hit with dread, anxiety and displeasure.

I may or may not have started snickering softly in my seat. Venera shot me a look that said 'are you crazy!?'. But I just rolled my eyes at her.

When we got out of the orientation room, I tracked Sophie's thoughts till I found her. Venera insisted on being on time to class so she had run off. When I finally found Sophie, I found her with Dizznee discussing the locks on the lockers.

" ...every day—but watch out for Elwin's picks. Last week it was pepper. Made everyone sneeze like crazy." Dizznee had just finished saying as I approached him and Sophie.

Then he opened his locker and we were all hit with the scent of muskog. Oh wait, my own locker was sandwiched between his and Sophie's.

"Aww c'mon Dizznee!" I complained. "I can't smell like muskog today! Wylie already exploded his alchemy set yesterday and it stunk up the entire house!"

He looked at me suddenly, finally acknowledging my presence in the hallway. Then a high pitched and wheezy snicker came from the curly haired small frame that belonged to Stina Heks.

"How'd you get in my locker!?" Dizznee demanded from Heks.

"You left it open, idiot. I guess remembering to close doors is too hard for the son of a bad match to remember." She answered with a sneer.

"Coming from the girl who's got a balloon for a head." I cut in. "Big in size but filled with air. And by the way, a personal thank you from the girl who got affected by your silly feud." I added with a glare.

"Isn't my fault you didn't ask for your locker location to be moved once you got the one next to Dizznee." Stina snapped back. "I hope Dizznee's bad match idiocy will rub off on you, miss Alenefar." She said my last name with extra sass to show that I wasn't blood family to Tiergan.

Now both me and Dizznee were fuming with anger. I then caught sight of the scraggly hairs on Heks' chin. I glanced at Dizznee and he caught my eye.

"I mean if you want to..." He started.

"No please, it was your handy-work." I replied. "And you did a good job with it too."

I sent an evil smirk at Stina.

"Nice beard you're growing there. Hope you know how to shave." Dizznee pointed out.

Then Heks grabbed Dizznee's shirt and screamed. "You little–"

Then Lady Alexine walked through the wall and separated the pair. She scolded the both of them and gave them both detention.

"Sorry Dizznee." I apologised. "I should've said something. After all, Lady Alexine's my Mentor and I probably could have convinced her to let you off."

"It's all good." He replied, sticking out his hand. "Nice doing, calling her a balloon."

I laughed and shook his hand. "Thanks, I've been dying to call her one but never had a good enough excuse. I'll take Sophie off your hands, while you get rid of the Muskog."