Chapter 24: The First Princess of Belzerg, Her Highness Iris!

Warning! This is the light novel territory! If you haven't read the light novels, I recommend stopping here, unless you don't mind being spoiled. Altough I do recommed reading the light novels first because they're too good to miss out on. Unless, you're from the future and saw season 3 of the Konosuba anime. God, I wish I was from the future like you... Anyway, with that out of the way, enjoy!

After our triumphant return from the Crimson Demon village, we continued to live our lives peacefully.

"I want a little sister."

Or at least tried to.

"... Eh?"

"I want a little sister."

The girls were lounging on the sofa and playing on a portable gaming console we brought from the village. Meanwhile, I was just reading some new books about Belzerg's history, under the kotatsu. That is until Kazuma said something ridiculous.

"Is that because Komekko stole your kill and you've noticed the ultimate power little sisters posses?"

"Something like that. Just imagine a cute young little sister not related by blood, to fawn over."

"Well, then go adopt some random kid or something. It's not like you can tell your parents to give you a little sister."

"I told them plenty of times. I told them they need to divorce and remarry with someone that has a daughter. That was also the first time my parents beat me up."

"... Be grateful that they only beat you up."

"I regret listening to this conversation." Megumin, who passed the controller to Aqua, chimed in with a disappointed look.

"Megumin, how did you got Komekko?"

"How did I...? I got her normally! From my parents!"

"Hmmm... The Princess... seemed to be younger than me, so maybe she is a younger sister type I need..."

"Hah! The Princess. Sure, buddy. Don't get discouraged."

The Princess of Belzerg. The highest placed person in this country besides the King and the Prince.

The same day, after returning home from the village, a butler from Darkness' residence came to us bearing a very interesting letter.

A few days ago...

"What is this?"

"It's a letter from the royal palace. Young lady, after you read it, you'll understand the crisis impending on House Dustiness. And this is related to Satou-san and Y/N-san over there, too..."

"Oh no, it's real! They really want me to marry the princess! I need to hide! Where can I hide?!"

"If they even try to get close to you, I'll personally send them a letter! And the letter being an explosion on the royal palace!"

"Don't even say that, you loli terrorist! Give me this letter! I don't want to get dragged into danger again!" Kazuma shouted and tried to pry the letter off Darkness.

"No, I refuse! I apologize for dragging you in every time! That's what you said, right? You don't want to be involved in troublesome matters anymore! And so, this matter– "