Chapter 11

JAYDEN POV

At KNX Insurance, Jake's dad, Micheal brought a piece of good news for the staff.

"Every staff is invited to one of our best insured, Asad Jamal's wedding this Saturday" he announced.

His last sentence shocked me into a state of a heart attack. One of the staff shared invitation cards with everyone. I received mine and unsealed it, it was Asad Jamal and a girl called Camilla Jiwabi.

So Jake is telling the truth the girl is his fiancee. I tried to clear my thoughts to forget about him, I'm with Jake. Jake popped up from nowhere and hugged me from the back and pecked my cheeks.

"Why you so down?" he asked as he saw the invitation card.

"Oh, Asad's wedding doesn't worry, we're not going," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because we're going to see the polar light," he said while I raised an eyebrow at him.
"So you would rather ditch our friend's wedding for aurora".

"You know he did to you, he left you for like forever and you still want to go to his wedding, who goes to their ex's wedding" he stated while laying his back on the chair and crossing his arms.

"I love you and I don't you to get hurt by seeing him again" he pleaded to touch my clenched fist and he kissed me.

I and Jake went on a trip to Alaska to see the aurora.

"Damn Alaska's cold" he yelled.

"I told you to use extra clothing" I advised. We both laid small carpet on the snow and waited for the aurora.

"I need to get something in the car" I excused myself.

I walked brushing my feet through the snow and bumped into somebody. As I raised my head to look, he removed his hoodie cap and it was as if I automatic turned blind in seconds.

"Jayden!"

"A..A..A...Asad" I hesitated to call his name.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with your fiancee and the preparation for the wedding? Where is she anyway?" I nervously asked.

"Jayden I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have left without telling you goodbye, please forgive me" he pleaded.

"Asad, I wanted to explain but didn't give me a chance to. You just left me like a pile of thrash and I never saw you again, I couldn't get over you. You hurt me bad but now is too late for the both of us" I cried.

"Babe!, the aurora is about start" yelled Camilla as I cleaned my cold tears.

"Be right there in a minute" he yelled.

"I have nothing to say to you, goodbye, and happy married life," I said as I turned away to meet Jake.

"It's beautiful".

"I know I wish we could come here every day," said Jake looking at the sky. I put my head on Jake's shoulder.

The next day in L.A, it was the day before Asad's wedding. I convinced Jake to go to Asad's wedding. I and Jake were invited to a party. We got dressed up for the party. We got there and we were served drinks. After a while, I got pressed and want to use the bathroom. I entered the bathroom and released myself.

I pulled the door but it was jammed. A man came from one of the corners pulling his sleeves to his elbow level like he was ready to fight. I was scared because I never remembered offending anyone.

Unfortunately, I received a blow on my cheek which made me weak. I tried to get up and fight back, but suddenly he grabbed me up by my shirt and pushed me down. I reached a vase in the bathroom cupboard and threw it at him and he was slightly injured.

He angrily came toward me and pushed my head on the toilet seat and I was left unconscious.

The following day, I woke up in the hospital with pains in my head. Jake was beside me, I saw the rage in his eyes like he was about to skin someone alive.

"Jake!" I called weakly.

"Jayden, I'm so sorry I wasn't there, I swear whoever did this to you will pay, I dare lay my hands on him he will die, I'll break him," he said angrily pounding his fist against each other.

Police were investigating at the party about the horrible incident that happened to me.

"Who could have done this and why?" I wondered.