Chapter 3

*ASAD POV*

"I wonder how he's feeling"I mumbled to myself twiddling my thumbs.

I quickly stood up from my chair to go see him in the nurse's office.

A student walked out of the principal's of leaving the door unshut. I was sighted by the principal and my attention was called.

I walked in closing the door. She grew a smile intertwining her hands. She was honoured to have me in the school. She gave me a warm handshake.

"I'm so happy to have you in our institution" she sighed. "Am so glad am here too."

Cause I'm the third cousin to the Prince of Abu Dhabi. But it's not that great. I have a very religious aunt who doesn't take any shit from her children including me.

I am the only child of my parents and they don't seem to have time for me. I didn't know how to come out to them. I wish I dared to tell them but the feeling of being disowned.

They don't care if I had a girlfriend or not. They just want me to be focused on books. It just gets me so exhausting. I couldn't stop thinking about Jayden as the principal continues babbling. I want him to get to know me. Before I will tell him that I like him.

I was excused by the principal. On my way out of the principal's office, I bumped into a chick called Makayla I guess.

I'm quite sure she did that on purpose. She held my hands and I had to let go of her.

She had a little wrinkle on her forehead. But I didn't care cause she is just trying to get the attention she don't deserve. I've heard she brags too much. Those kinds of people aren't my type.

I walked into the nurse's office and I didn't see him there, he could be with his friend, Mike. I left the nurse's office and walked to the cafeteria.

I saw him sitting alone staring outside through the big glass window. I walked up to his bench and sat beside him as I blushed.

"Could we come to your house for the history project, me and Mike?" he murmured.

"Let's do it, at your place." I insisted.

"But my house isn't as fancy and luxurious as yours. I could not be conducive for someone like you" he mumbled staring at his intertwined fingers. "I don't care if you lived in the streets as long as am with you".

After school, Mike and Jayden both entered my car. It was a silent drive. He turned his head to the car window. I felt bothered knowing it will make him feel uncomfortable. We stopped at Jayden's place. I turned to look at Jayden. I gently touched his

"Everything is going to be alright, okay" I consoled as he nodded his head.

We came out of the car and I walked up to his front door as he turned the doorknob and pushed it forward. His house wasn't that bad, he went to his room and I sat on his couch.

I saw a portrait of young Jayden, he was really cute, I took a look at his family photo. He came downstairs.

"Where are your family?" I asked.

"My mom is in her room, my sister is in her fiance's place, my brother, you do not want to meet them and my dad....he died" he wailed.

"I'm so sorry" I stood up to hug him as he starts to weep. Mike tapped his shoulder and comforted him.

Suddenly the clouds merged and turned dark. There were thunder clashes before it starts to rain.

I removed my phone from my pocket to call my aunt and I told her that I was at a friend's house for a group project.

I won't be home tonight because of the rain. "So you're sleeping here tonight?"Jayden asked raising his eyebrows.

Mike left earlier. He asked me if I would sleep on the couch. I just wished the rain didn't stop on time. It's not a big excuse not to come home when it's raining but my aunt didn't care since it was a school assignment. It was already getting late.

His heavy reduced to its minimum, as it drizzled. His sister came home and she was surprised to see me.

She gave me a flirty look. she walked close to his brother.

"Who is he?" she whispered.

"He's my partner for a group project, he'll only be staying here for a night".

She winked at him. Making me wonder why. He went back to his room and came out in blue plain pyjamas carrying a white blanket. He dropped it on the couch beside me.

"Goodnight" he whispered.

He turned towards his room door. I grabbed his arm.

"Sleep here with me tonight". I felt him quivering.

"But my mom, my brothers, what if they see us, and the couch is too small" he complained.

"Please stay here, I don't want to be alone".

He tilted his head up facing the ceiling. He pursed his lips as he took a deep breath.

"Yes," he murmured

I created some spacing for him by shifting back. He sat on the couch, and slowly lifted his legs placing them beside mine. He adjusted his lower body to feel comfortable. Before resting his whole body.