Chapter 12

*ASAD POV*

The wedding was about to start. It was a big religious wedding. I wore a middle eastern wedding dress, a keffiyeh as a headdress and a black Bisht as my robe.

Camilla wore a peach-laced ball gown with a headscarf. We both sat on two comfortable seats in front of the guests, from which the bride and I reign as though king and queen. As soon we were seated in the kosha, a sharbat drink is passed to the guests, and all drank to their health.

I and Camilla then switch rings from our right hand to the left index. With this ritual, the festivities begin. Camilla and I had our first dance, after which the other wedding guests join in.

Usually, a belly dancer or a singer entertains the guests, but it was a more luxurious wedding which will have more than one entertainer. Guests dance and sing with the newlywed couple, and I was tossed in the air by friends.

After the formal entertainment, a disc jockey extended the festivities.

Next comes the cutting of the cake. As is done elsewhere in the world, Camilla and I cut the cake, which was several layers high. Camilla then tossed her bouquet behind her back to other hopeful women.

By tradition, whoever catches the bouquet is seen as lucky, because she is foretold to be the next to marry. Next, we opened the buffet for the guests, which is usually a wide variety of salads, meats, stews, sweets, fruits, and other Arab cuisine dishes.

After the guests have eaten, many of the guests, particularly those who are not close family or friends left after congratulating us.

Unexpectedly, the police appeared. Everyone was left shocked wondering what would have happened. When the chief police pointed at Camilla, everyone stared at her and she gave a sarcastic look.

"Camilla, you are convicted of an attempt to murder Jayden Antonio" the police stated as everyone gasped.

The other policemen came in with some strange men.

"These are the men involved in your sagacious felony," he said while the men were struggling with the policemen.

When the chief police insisted that they should arrest her, both families begged and said that they were having a wedding.

"The wedding is off" I should while everyone turned and look at me.

Camilla her eyes begin to get dizzy as she dropped like she was shot. Guests and families rushed to help her as she was later taken to the hospital. Everyone went home partially disappointed.

In my bedroom, I sat thinking of what happened at the wedding. Camilla tried to kill Jayden for what and how did she know about him? I received a call that Camilla have been taken to the police station for questioning. I got dressed and drove to the police station. I saw Camilla with her face down and her hands relaxing on the table. I sat on the chair facing her and took a deep breath.
"Why are you trying to kill Jayden?" I asked with curiosity.

"I knew all about you and Jayden and how you've been dating in Spain. I knew how you left and I know you want him back and I can see it in your eyes, at the restaurant when we went to see the aurora, I knew everything." She explained.

"How do you know all these?" I asked with my eyebrows almost kissing.

"I also went to Seville secondary, yeah you were I saw you and when Mason claimed to be his boyfriend. I was a nerd, I knew you would never notice me. I thought maybe killing him will make you forget him forever" she said as I was left shocked.

"You went to Seville secondary, and you want to kill Jayden thinking it will make me get over him" I stated while trying to get things straight.

I stood up angrily and pushed the chair to the table. Camilla quickly wrapped her arms around my waist and begged me not to go. I removed her arms and left. I entered my car and placed my head on the steering wheel thinking of how to make it up with Jayden and a way out of this menace.

I picked up my phone searching for Jayden's contact but couldn't find it. I dropped my phone and lay my head back on the headrest groaning.

The following day, I drove to KNX Insurance and walked up to the receptionist. I tried to get Jayden's contact from her but she refused.

She told me to get it directly from Jayden if I want it. It was hard for me because he couldn't even look me in the eye without thinking of what I'd done to him in the past.

Suddenly, Jake walked past us. I couldn't even look at him I covered one part of my face with my palm as he walked in. I politely ask the receptionist to give me his number again but she refused.

I brought out a handsome amount of cash. She looked left and right as she grabbed the money and puts it under her table. She gave me his business card.