Chapter Thirty Five- He Was A Closed Book

Почніть із самого початку

Now all we had to do was decide what film we were watching.

~

"I'm telling you, it's always the blonde to die first. Sorry Taylor, but you'd be the first to get killed if there was a serial killer on the loose."

"Hey! What did I do to you?" I asked Chris when I heard my name being thrown into the discussion. Chris and Jake were trying to figure out who would survive a slasher movie and who would be the first to get killed. It seemed that I had been chosen for the latter.

I don't agree. I reckon I would at least make it past the opening credits first.

"It's simple slasher movie logic. It's either the couple having sex or it's the blonde girl that is the first to be killed." He explained while reaching for the bowl of popcorn placed in the middle of the circle.

Somehow none of it had spilt onto the mattresses yet, although it did almost fall over when Xander got up to go get drinks and the weight on the mattress changed.

"It's clear I would be the final girl." Cass chipped into the conversation as she stole some of the popcorn Chris had in his hand. "There always has to be a final girl that somehow manages to survive after being stabbed multiple times."

"Well, if Tay is the first victim and Cass is the survivor, where does that leave the rest of us?" Everyone's eyes darted back to Chris as we waited for him to answer Jake's question. It seemed that he was the horror expert at this point.

I wasn't even sure how this conversation started, but I was invested, and it seemed like everyone else was too.

Chris paused, seemingly contemplating his next words. "We would be the middlemen, Jake. I'm the funny one that gets killed off around the halfway point, and you're the nice one that no one wants to die, but you get killed anyway."

"So, who would be the killer?"

Chris's eyes met mine before we answered in unison. "The twins."

"What about us?" Xander and Caleb asked simultaneously as they walked back into the lounge. Xander slipped into the empty space beside me, where he was sitting before he went off to grab us some drinks, and Caleb took a seat on the couch behind his boyfriend so Jake could lean into him.

"That's what I'm talking about," Chris replied as Xander handed me a can of coke and then gulped down some of his own drink. He leaned back, placing his glass on the hardwood floor beside the mattress and kept his arms behind him to lean on. "You two could totally get away with being in two places at the same time thanks to being identical twins and all. You would definitely be the killers if we were in a thriller movie."

"Careful, Chris, we might have to kill you off now that you've let out our secret." Xander joked, and soon the conversation died out and went on to something different.

I stopped paying attention when Chris started talking about different cars.

It wasn't long before everyone was dozing off as a movie played in the background.

I hadn't been paying much attention to what was on as I was still trying to find out what to get for the boy currently sleeping on my sofa. Jake and Caleb called dibs on sharing a mattress and Chris tried to play it off cool by telling Cass that her mattress was the only one left. We all knew he planned on sharing a bed with her from the get-go.

Xander and I were the only ones that weren't sharing, and I would be lying if I said I was surprised when he announced that he was taking the couch.

We had shared a bed quite a few times lately, so I just assumed we would be doing the same today.