Chapter Thirty One- One Of Your Skanks

Hiya- This is going to be the last chapter of Taylor in NJ. The next one will be back home and will have more Xander content. The last few chapters have been mainly building on Taylor's and Josh's friendship. Have you guys enjoyed the last few chapters? 

Anyways, enjoy :)

"He's going to regret that one in the morning." Elijah winced as we both looked towards Josh, who was busy sucking lips with a tall blonde. Drunk people kissing was not a pretty sight, especially when you weren't as drunk as them.

"You'll keep an eye out for him when I'm gone?" I asked, turning my head away from my friend and towards the guy with tattoos. I had slowly been warming up to him throughout the night and decided that he was a good friend for Josh to have.

I think I may have judged him a little hard when I first met him, but in all fairness, he does fight people for a living and looks like he could squish me with his bare hands. I thought eighteen-year-olds were only built like him in TV shows like Teen Wolf and The Vampire Diaries, but apparently not.

"Huh?" He seemed confused by my sudden question. I had wanted to ask him this for a while. I just didn't want to do it in front of the others or Josh.

"I know Josh, and I can tell that he's keeping things away from me. I don't think he's letting himself fully grieve with me being here, and I'm worried that it's all going to build up. I know you care about him, so can you please keep an eye out for him?"

I was worried for Josh. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to him because of something that could be prevented. I just wanted to protect him, but that was hard to do on the opposite end of the country.

Elijah didn't even hesitate with his answer. "I've got his back."

"Good because if anything does happen to him, I will fly all the way here and kick your ass." I threatened, even though we both knew that my punch would feel like a tap to this guy.

"I'll keep that in mind." He said with a smile before his eyes green eyes wandered behind me. "Incoming." He whispered into his cup and then tipped his head back to down the remainder of his drink.

I turned towards where he was staring and noticed that Josh was no longer kissing the blonde but was now talking to two girls.

One of them had strawberry blonde hair that cascaded past her shoulders in beautiful waves. Her pale complexion only complimented the tone of her hair. She was stunning to say the least, but I think she already knew that.

It was the other girl that seemed to grab my attention more. She was the complete opposite of her friend. Her black hair was neatly brushed into a ponytail, pulling her hair away from her face showing off her high cheekbones. Even from the other side of the room, I could see how captivating her green eyes were to those around her.

Instantly, I could see the resemblance between this girl and the guy standing beside me, although I would have guessed that they were siblings rather than cousins. It didn't take a genius to figure out that this girl was Rose, especially from the hurt look she was giving Josh after finding him kissing someone else.

"Should we intervene?" I asked. I didn't want to intrude, but I also didn't think this was the time for Josh to be having a conversation with her, considering he had already said he didn't want to talk to her earlier in the night.

Elijah nodded his head and walked ahead of me towards the trio.

"Don't look so hurt, Rose. You're the one that left me, remember?" I managed to catch the end of what Josh was saying when we arrived.

"I thought I told you two to leave and for you to give him space for a little bit?" Elijah interrupted before Rose could respond and directed the last part towards his cousin. I noticed how he avoided looking at the other girl completely.