Chapter 39: The Fall

--------------Percy's POV: ---------------

I'd gotten up extra early today, the morning streetlights peeking in through the blinds had been only part of why I'd gotten up.

The memories of the night before had woken me up, the faces plaguing my thoughts. I tried to think about them last night, but as soon as I hit the bed I was out, the sweet feeling of sleep pulling me in.

Then the dreams. Recently, for the first time in months I had dreams that I could actually place. They'd started after my first vision and for the most part I'd dream of the camp I'd seen, though not much else, occasionally I'd get an odd dream of soaring through the air, a feeling of panic often included in that bundle as a hand reached out for me, and yet, every single time, no matter how early I tried to grab the hand, I'd fall, my fingers barely touching the other's before I was too far gone and an ear piercing screech would pierce through my eardrums.

I'd had the dream often, the feeling of falling down accompanying me even when I woke up.

I hated it.

But tonight, tonight was weird.

I'd appeared on the edge of a creek in what looked to be the woods. I knew I had to be close to the camp as the familiar scent of strawberries was strong, accompanied by the ever-present warm breeze. My hand was extended out towards the cool water, and for some reason I knew there was a family of fishes swimming right beneath the dark waters, the moon reflection only being useful to show myself.

I hovered over the water, my legs resting in the cold water.

As I let my hand hover a small tug in my gut alerted me to a sudden surgence in the water, a sphere of water about the size of a cantaloupe hovered out of the water, floating midair and for a second I thought I was dreaming again, hallucinating even until the cool water ran over my hand, turning into what looked to be a dog that ran up my arm and I knew, I wasn't hallucinating, the cool water was very clear as it sent shivers up my spine from its cool touch.

"Hey Percy" I turned quickly to see the Asian guy from before, a small smile on his face.

"Hey Frank," My voice was quiet, and Frank's smile seemed to fade slightly. He pushed his way through the bushes, taking a seat beside me, though he didn't put his legs in the water.

We sat in silence for a while, the sounds of the woods rustling around us filling the empty air.

"So, I heard that you, Jason, and Hazel got a mission." The dog running up and down my arm stopped, laying down before dripping into nothing. I could almost feel Frank's worried gaze.

"Yeah." I replied, the cool water suddenly feeling much colder.

"I know it's rough, but I've never known you to be so... upset, is everything alright?" He asked, leaning forwards to get into my gaze.

I took a deep breath, turning to face him. "Yeah, I'm all good. I just have a bad feeling." I was right, something seemed to spark up like an uneasy shaking.

Frank tried to hide his monetary fear but didn't do too well. "Like-"

"Yeah" I replied, turning back to the water. "Don't worry. I don't plan on letting Hazel or Jason get hurt." Frank didn't say anything, rather he pulled me into a hug.

"Come home too, okay?"

"My priority is Jason and Hazel. You all have kids; I'm not going to deprive another child of parents if I can help it."

An awkward silence passed along the both of us, and Frank's grip on my shoulder tightened as if he also gained that bad feeling as well.

"Just please promise me you'll try." I nodded, closing my eyes before I dissolved reappearing somewhere in the air with the girl with curly hair. Clouds surrounded us like a curtain, and I could see the blonde-haired kid from before riding a cloud horse somewhere off besides me. I looked down at what we were riding to find a black horse with wings. I looked around confused before a sudden jolt caught me off guard, the horse we were on letting out a yell.