Chapter 19: A Grand Takedown

——————Percy's POV:——————

The sun light in my eyes was bright, and annoying. It hurt my eyelids and heated them up slightly. It was an uncomfortable feeling that I didn't enjoy. It painted my eyelids orange, instead of black as they should be when I closed my eyes.

I didn't even remember coming home, so I'm glad I did. To be honest I didn't remember much, after getting out of that fight I guess my brain was on low battery cause it didn't seem to save much of anything.

Maybe I'd been on low battery mode my whole life.

It would've been funny in different context I suppose.

The light persisted, getting brighter as if it were mocking me.

When did I open the blinds?? No, I wouldn't do that, so who opened my blinds??

Maybe Alyssa came in? No she would've told me, not to mention she doesn't even have a key to my new place.

The pain from my cheek stung, warning me to stop thinking about this and turn my head in another direction. This combined with the  annoyance of the light paused my thinking as I let a groan escape me. I quickly picked up my other pillow, throwing it over my head as the lights suddenly disappeared, making way for the peaceful darkness that soothed my stinging eye.

The darkness allowed me to think.

Why was there light coming into my room? When did I get home? How did I get home? Did I even get a dress.

Wit a groggy groan, I pushed myself up, looking like I was probably trying to do a push up. I could hear the pillow fall off the bed some where around me.Taking a deep breath, I looked in front of me, allowing my eyes to adjust to the brightness.

Different brown blobs danced in my vision, varying from dark to tan.

...

I didn't have tan in my room.

I'd painted it blue on the first day, or rather, night.

I blinked a couple more times, clearing the bleary mess from my eyes until eventually I was able to focus on the very detailed and lovely headboard in front of me, the intricate details stunning but definitely not mine.

A sharp inhale seemed to knock some sense in to me as I turned quickly and... this wasn't my room.

The basically empty room had a desk.

With a sudden stress I tried to think back to last night, small pieces coming at first before, like a stream, things began to come together and make sense.

I let out a sigh of relief at the remembrance that I was in Bruce's manor, but a bad feeling filled me as I remembered my job.

I quickly scrambled, looking for my phone, though as I scanned the room, I found it laying on the desk besides my pen.

It's weird to think about, but the pen is probably my most loyal friend.

Great, now I feel lonely.

Done with feeling lonely and also fearing for my job, I pushed myself out of bed, quickly walking over to the desk but not forgetting to note the string of clothes that seemed to litter the ground, acting as a pathway as they formed a connection between the desk and the bed.

Maybe if I was lucky, I would get there in the middle of breakfast.

I took a deep breath as I found my phone, quickly turning it on to see the time.

A few messages popped up, a few from unknown numbers but one sticking out specifically.

"Limited edition blue coke-a-cola!!  Purchase now before stocks disappear!!" I stared at the image provided in slightly confusion and awe.