Chapter 28: A Call From The Bathroom

-----------------Rachel POV: -----------------

It was like time stopped around me. 

Percy looked straight at me, an unreadable expression on her face as her lips seemed to tighten. I felt my breath get caught in my throat as the woman we'd been looking for for months suddenly appeared in front of me, her hair done nice and dawning a blue dress. 

I rubbed my eyes a few times before opening again, just to check that I was right and here she was. I raised my hand, frantically waving at her, and she raised her hand up as if I were a stranger staring weirdly at her in the middle of a store. 

No recognition, no movement, no usual per-tastic smirk. 

Nothing. 

"PERCY!!" I yelled, earning a few weird looks from the people around me. She didn't respond, not even gaining a reaction really. She looked like she was going to open her mouth, but she turned suddenly, looking to an unidentified person. 

I couldn't seem to run fast enough

I could see my chance escaping me as I pushed my way through the crowd, shoving through the huddles of people as I continued to try and call her name, and yet, in a weird sense of irony the music only seemed to get louder. 

Thanks fates. 

I looked over to see Percy looking at me with a concerned expression, her lips pulled into a tight line as if she were deciding whether or not to eat the last fry, which was a look we often saw believe it or not. 

She turned, back around, this time walking off. 

"PERCY WAIT!!" I yelled in a last-ditch attempt to get her attention, and still nothing. 

It was much too late when I got to the stairs, and yet I couldn't help but hope for the worst traffic Gotham's ever seen. 

I practically flew up the stairs, not even bothering to say sorry to the snobby old people that were flooding the steps. 

When I ran outside, the wind hit me like a brick, blowing by me and sending my hair in my face, but I kept on. 

I looked around desperately for the sea green eyes, or raven hair that had evaded demigods and gods alike. There was no sign of her. 

I felt my heart drop as I panted slightly. I hadn't intended to work so desperately tonight, so a dress that practically suffocated me wasn't the best idea. 

"Percy!!" I called out, turning around as I tried to see if there were any chance I'd missed her. No sign of anyone who even looked remotely like Percy. 

I could feel the tears well back in my eyes. 

I'd had Percy right in front of me, practically beside me the whole night and I hadn't noticed. How could I be so stupid? Maybe if I'd shown up earlier? Sure, I might not have been too attentive but maybe I could've had the chance of catching her as she entered. 

I let out a sigh as I pushed my hair out of my face. 

I turned quickly, starting the older couple that was leaving, and I didn't miss the dirty look the woman sent me. 

I pushed my way through the exiting people as I made my way into one of the bathrooms, locking the door behind me. If they didn't want people using the WHOLE bathroom, then they shouldn't have a lock on the one and only entrance. 

I walked over to the sinks, choosing the one in the middle as I tried to keep myself calm, my fingers fumbling over the latch on the small bag my dad had me bring along. 

A Billionaire's BodyguardOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara