chapter fifty one: are you sure?

Hunter's POV

Later that night Cal and I drove over to the restaurant to meet everyone there. I found a spot across the street and we walked over.

Everybody was here besides Dani and Addie, who I assumed were coming together. They arrived a few minutes later.

When I saw her walking down the street my eyes widened. She was wearing that dress that Bev got her for Christmas and shit.

She looked phenomenal.

It was a small navy mini dress that fit over every curve just right. She wore a white cardigan over her shoulders and pearls around her neck.

 She wore a white cardigan over her shoulders and pearls around her neck

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt my pants tighten.

Oh shit, not now dude.

I looked down and luckily these pants were thick enough and it was pretty dark outside so it wasn't noticeable.

"You're wearing the dress I got you!" Bev gasped.

"I figured it was a good time to take it out of my closet." she smiled before Bev pulled her into a hug.

Everyone went up to say hi before walking inside. I stayed back and she walked towards me. She tried to give me a hug but I had to maneuver to the side and hug her from there.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. "You look good T."

"Not too bad yourself Hunter." she laughs.

We walk inside and it's significantly warmer in the restaurant. The hostess leads us to our table and we take our seats.

Of course, every couple sat next to each other but Dani decided to sit in between Jason and I.

We engaged in some small talk before ordering from the menu. Taking Italian in highschool obviously taught me nothing.

I couldn't understand what any of the dishes were called but when I read what they were, it sounded good.

Bev started up a conversation after asking what we'd bring to a desert island.

Most of us had some normal answers, like sunscreen, and a towel, water, all of that. Dani, however, had a totally different perspective on the question.

"I'd get a plane and pilot so I could go home. I hate the fucking heat." she crosses her arms.

"What!" Bev blurts drawing attention from the other tables. "Why?"

"I just don't like feeling sweaty. Plus I'd rather wear sweatpants and sweatshirts everyday." she smiles.

"No." Bev shakes her head. "I'm not accepting that. Me and you, we're going somewhere during break. I don't know where, but you're coming with me."

Dani leans back in disagreement. "You're not bringing me anywhere Bev. I don't like the heat. Deal with it."

"I'm not going to deal with it. I'm going to fix it. So start thinking of places. Hawaii, the Caribbean..."