chapter fifty: cookies for breakfast

Start from the beginning

She wraps her arms around my torso and buries her head into my chest. I laugh when I feel her nipples harden through my shirt.

"Are you cold?" I ask through a laugh.

"Mhm, but you're warm." she mumbled, tightening her arms and pulling me closer.

I run my hands over her shoulders, staying in the embrace.

"Why don't you take a sweatshirt from my room." I offer.

She tilts her head back and smiles at me.

"But not the blue one. That's my favorite." I add, but she's already walking away.

A few seconds later Cal walked into the kitchen and headed straight for the tray on the counter.

"Ooo, cookies–ow!"

I whack his hand away. "They're not for you."

He rubs his wrist and scowls at me. "Rude. You should've made extras."

I laugh and shake my head before Dani comes back in. She was wearing one of my many black hoodies and it was way too big on her.

"DANI!" Cal shouts too loud. Running over he picks her up in a hug. "Happy birthday!"

He lifts her high over his head and she holds onto his shoulders for support. I smile as I hear her laugh.

Their friendship was so pure. I didn't need to worry about him or any of the guys for that matter. I know they all have girlfriends but you'd be surprised about the minds of some other men.

It's kinda fucked up.

I checked the time on my phone and it was half past ten. I should really get going on this packing. We leave early tomorrow morning.

I left them in the kitchen and went into my room to pack. Tomorrow was the beginning of a very important week for the team.

Travel Week.

Basically it's a week on the road, traveling to other schools and playing them. But they weren't just any teams, they were teams we needed to beat to make it to the Frozen Four.

I took out my duffle bag and placed it on my bed before going to my closet. I grabbed mostly sweatshirts and sweatpants and tossed them onto my bed.

I heard my door open before Dani walked in and threw herself on my bed with a groan.

"I hate that you guys have to leave." she sighs.

"Yeah, well it's not like we have a choice do we?" I laugh, walking around the edge of the bed.

She sits up and helps me fold my clothes. "I just wish it didn't have to be tomorrow, you know."

I nod and grab another sweatshirt, folding it up before placing it in my bag. She hands me the one she had and I packed it as well.

We spent a few minutes talking about random things. I also told her that we were taking her out to dinner later.

It was some fancy Italian restaurant Bev had been to a few times. Vittorio's I think it was called. Sounded fancy and when I searched it up it looked fancy.

Which meant dressing up.

I've never been keen on trying to look good but if I had to wear something more formal, I would do it.

But I would really like to just go in sweatpants or something.

I folded up my last pair of pants and shoved them in the bag. Before I could zip it up Dani pushed me out of the way and laid over the bag.