Chapter 8

An: Ight so I made this VERY special chapter for you all so you won't mind if I focused on other books right? You will be satisfied with this right??... emperor damn you all, you're all greedy bastards! But for real I need to focus on my other books soooo yeah this would be the last chapter for a while.

A young woman continuously paces back and forth across the hallway. Cold sweat breaks from her back despite the cold room as her dark hair cascade behind. She was recently promoted to the rank of lieutenant despite her age, though it is backed up substantially by her actions time and time again.

The evacuation of the Ulfrak system, the destruction of outpost delta 3, and most significantly of them all, the battle of Gamma Pavonis VII, where a small science vessel rammed and took down an entire covenant destroyer on her own. That and many others.

It was thanks to her bravery and initiative that had given her result time and time again. Though there were voices of descent due to how fast she climbed the ranks, she did not pay any heed to it as the war was progressively getting worse and worse.

15 solar hours ago, a relatively irrelevant world sent out a distress call. High command refused to send a relief fleet as it was a relatively unimportant world, and the ships could be used to defend more strategically important worlds elsewhere.

It was only thanks to luck that some of the locals from that world were present and they had managed to muster out 34 warships. 20 of them were corvettes and 14 were frigates, it was laughably outmatched compared to the covenant, but it was far better than nothing.

They most probably would have to deal with court martial when they return... if they ever returned that is. "Lieutenant Miranda Keyes, for a young lieutenant you sure do keep your wits better than most I've seen." Miranda turned to the voice as she smirked.

"Not as much as my father does, but I am happy with it." Miranda honestly replied as the captain of the entire renegade fleet, Liam Vendicatus, nodded back. "Took me 7 years to stand where you are right now, you did it in one. You should be proud of yourself kid."

"Maybe I would if it wasn't for this damn war." Miranda bitterly replied as the captain grunted back in response. The air slowly dropped as the dire war brought them back from their short respite. "...We may be too late lieutenant." Liam softly whispered as Miranda snapped back.

"Come now captain, we can still make it!" Miranda said with conviction though it was not shared by the captain. "I know that lieutenant... it's just that..." "..." The air fell silent as the two knew exactly what they're thinking about.

For 7 years, humanity was pushed back again and again as the relentless and cruel covenant had glassed every world they have encountered. The outer colonies are on the brink of collapse as the covenant was simply vicious in their pursuit.

The public doesn't know, but the navy knows all too well how hopeless the war is drastically progressing to be. "Is there a problem?" All eyes turned to the source of the voice as a sense of calm washed over them. It was not much, but it was better than nothing.

The man was roughly 7'2 ft tall as his amber-clad armor brought hope. Like the sun who brought back daylight, hope returned as the presence of the man was simply that much. It was a spartan II. Leon-011. Miranda was not sure how they managed to catch such a rare find, but she welcomes it nevertheless.

He and two other of his kin, August-099, and Robert-025, agreed to answer to their call. The three mostly supported colonies that are under covenant attack, though it was incredibly rare for three of them to be in the same planet as they were.

"N-no spartan. We're just worried, that's all. So, what brings you here?" Liam reassured the super soldier as it nodded slightly. "We are about to reach the target, eta 5 minutes." The two's eyes harden as they slowly purged away their worries.