Chapter 14

Ross decided to talk to Justin later that day when he'd get home, granted he wanted to avoid that conversation but with the threat of Justin's mother popping out of no where , he preffered to let his son know before it was too late. It was still hard for him to grasp the situation, it caught him off guard and he didn't know how to deal with it. He spent the night thinking over the call he got from Jennifer, playing it again and again in his mind, refusing to believe she was back in his life and wanted to meet Justin. It was suspicious enough that she knew how to contact Ross, he only hoped she wouldn't show up at his house. Despite her blood connection to Justin, Ross still saw her as a stranger, after all she wasn't there to raise Justin, to hug and kiss him,teach him how to speak and pretend not to notice when he stole a cookie ,scare the monsters under his bed and tell him bedtime stories,play with him and eat ice cream when he was sick, to shower him with love and warmth and just... be there for him. At the time Jennifer was concerned more about her reputation than her baby, her parents that were religious and of high status, told her to abandon the baby and keep a low profile. To keep them happy she complied and the whole family disappeared, leaving behind a newborn and a sixteen year old father. Ross felt betrayed for that , he tried to contact her and her parents but failed, he held hope she would come back but it shattered as he realized that he had a new responsibility dropped on his shoulders. Ross didn't care if she had it tough or if it was her parents' fault she left, he could care less over how sorry she was and why she believed she had the right to see Justin. Her feelings didn't matter, it wasn't about her and frankly it wasn't about his own self. It was about Justin, and as a father Ross had to consider if it was a good idea to let Jennifer meet Justin or if it was a bad one. Yes she was his mother, speaking biologically, but that was her only title and it wasn't enough. Ross didn't want to see his son get hurt by her after learning to live without her, but that was for him to decide, he was old enough to make his own choices and Ross would be there for him no matter what he'd choose.

"Justin! Hurry up!" Ross called to his son that was about to be late. Justin only responded with a grunt, just like his father he wasn't a morning person. Ross was already dressed up for work, wearing a long sleeved black shirt with a blue jacket and tight black jeans, his attire purposely simple - today he wasn't meeting any couples, he was going to shoot models and so the requirements for attire weren't strict, he wasn't there to make impression. He didn't like working with models, most of them were pompous and spoiled so Ross made sure that they knew that he was the one to call the shots. He met only a few models and people in that industry that were nice and not as arrogant. The only reason he was taking job offers of that kind was the money, the payment was good enough to endure obnoxious people. The shooting location was relatively near so it was okay to leave the house late, his assistant would probably be there before him to help with the set up and bring the equipment so Ross could be at ease. He watched as Justin dragged himself to kitchen, stopping to grab something to eat as breakfast. Ross stared at him with a frown, his thoughts still over Jennifer. " Get straight home when you're finished, I have something to talk to you about. " Justin only muttered 'whatever ' as he kept munching on his light breakfast which was cookies and a glass of juice. His cast would be taken off in a few weeks and after that he'd be able to return and play soccer, the inconvenience of breaking his arm affected him greatly since soccer was the only thing he liked about school, also it made him moody. At first he was excited because it was the first time he broke something and he even liked the cast to some degree mostly because it dismissed him from writing and gave him favor with his girl, Rebecca , only later Justin realized it was more of a nuisance than anything else. Now he saw Justin glaring at his arm everyday and it pained Ross to see how miserable he was.

"slow down!" Ross scolded as Justin choke and coughed shredded cookies, he was always eating too fast. "I'm late" Justin shrugged his reasoning. "You wouldn't have been if you got up earlier ," Ross reprimanded " "I'll drive you to school ". he said with the intention of seeing Corbin. He wanted to see him, he knew that Corbin would make him feel better just with his presence. Just thinking about him made Ross smile unconsciously.