C•h•a•p•t•e•r XXVIII

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
Y/N's POV
I was never a reckless person.

I never used my status to intimidate people.

I have never done anything like this before.

So what happened?

Simple.

Back then I don't have someone I want to protect this badly. But now that I do, I won't let it slide when someone does something like this.

Not to my wife.

-

As soon as we landed to Korea, Rosie told me that she needed to see her members. I am sure they are worried for her as much as I do, and so I dropped her to Jisoo-ssi's house before heading to my company.

"Good day sir." Mr. Kim greeted me as I entered my office located at the top floor.

Scanning my work place, I noticed that if not for the view outside, then this place would be extremely...plain and dull and lifeless. I have never referred to this place as mine, so never have I thought of putting something in here that is somewhat valuable to me.

"You have a meeting at—

"Cancel it. All of it." I stated.

"S-Sir?"

Facing a stupefied Mr. Kim I once again said, "Cancel it."

"I understand." He answered once he was able to compose himself. Quickly he fiddled with the iPad in his hand.

I keep looking around the room as an idea struck me.

"Let's decorate this place." Folding my arms over my chest, I think of the things I would put in here.

Perhaps I could place some of my favorite books. Then I could hang some paintings, add some indoor plants. I should probably paint the walls with a different color. I guess I'll have to ask my wife for advice. Rosie is the definition of an artist, creativity is one of her strong suit. Or maybe I should not ask her, I should surprise her instead.

Taking out my phone I looked at my wallpaper.

It's a picture of her I took candidly. It was when we were in Greece. She walked hurriedly towards a food stand, her eyes lit up as she talked to the vendor about the food. It was one of the many stalls we went to that day and I am not complaining, especially if I get to see her so happy. Smiling from ear to ear, freely enjoying herself, I grabbed the opportunity to take a picture of Rosie, with her braided hair and her casual wear that she pulled of so effortlessly, she looked absolutely stunning.

Ugh. I miss her already.

His dad is right. I am so whipped.

"Sir?" Mr. Kim called, taking me out of my trance.

"What is it?"

"There is an important meeting I am afraid you cannot cancel." He replied, brows furrowing.

"And that is?"

And as the words fell from his mouth, it was my turn to froze in shock.

"A dinner with your parents. Tonight at 6 PM at your father's residence."