C•h•a•p•t•e•r I

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
Rosé's POV
Are weddings supposed to be like this?

Shouldn't your wedding be with someone you really love, not with someone whom you just met that day?
-
As I walked down the aisle, I cannot help but feel like running away. To leave all of this behind. But I am not supposed to do that.

I have to do this.

Flashback
(A month ago)

"WHAT?!" I shouted which caught the members attention.

"Chaeyoungie? What happened?" Jisoo unnie asked worriedly.

The girls and I are currently at the dorm since we haven't had our comeback, so now we're simply lazing around. I am having a phone call with my dad when he dropped the bomb out of nowhere. I was completely stunned with the news that I am-

"CHAEYOUNGGGG! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS NEWS?!" Lisa shouted as she handed me her cellphone.

BREAKING NEWS: YG entertainment has released an official statement confirming that the global girl group Blackpink's Main Vocalist, Rosé, is getting married!

End of Flashback

And now here we are. I have never felt as suffocated as I am right now. I can feel my legs shaking as I walk towards the man I am about to marry, with my mom and dad beside me. And the only thing I can't think of is 'How can they do this to me?'

I hear the playing of the piano. I see people taking pictures. I feel the cold sweats forming on my nape. Every step I take, brings me closer to the reality that I will be spending the rest of my life together with a complete stranger whom I don't even love.

I must have been way too preoccupied because I felt my dad subtly nudge me to gain my attention. I didn't even realize that we are already in front of the man I am supposed to marry. After he gave a bow to my parents, he offered me his hand. Its really now or never, huh?

Before taking his outstretched hand I hugged my mom and dad, and I looked at my sister Alice. She is visibly upset and she doesn't even try to hide it. I gave her a quick bow and turned my full attention to him.

Lee Y/N. 

My groom.

My soon-to-be husband.

Son of the multi billionaire and renowned entrepreneurs Lee Daehyun and Seo Jihye.

For the past month, I have been gathering information about him. Apparently, he is an only child. His achievements are all impressive, but there isn't much detail about his personal life. No scandals whatsoever. Truly, a mystery. I have never even heard about him before as well.

"Sweetie?" My mother called.

I took a deep breath and accepted the hand of the man standing right in front of me as we both made our way to the altar.
-
AUTHOR POV
The ceremony has long ended. Now everyone is at the reception area where one can see that all the guests who have attended are big shots. Everyone coming from rich and influential families. But the invitation is kinda one-sided since only a small portion of guests are from the bride's side.

Among the busyness of the place, Rosé can be seen together with her husband Y/N, as they talk to a few guests who keeps on congratulating them. Rosé was very uncomfortable, aside from the whole deal with the wedding, her heels are killing her. Now of all times. As much as she wanted to change into something more comfortable, she can't since a lot of guests keeps on bugging the newlyweds.

"You truly look good together, Sir Y/N. Again, I congratulate you on your wedding." Someone says. The two gave a bow towards the person as he walks away.

ROSÉ's POV
'Ugh. These heels, really?'

I kept shuffling from one foot to another which didn't go unnoticed by the man standing right beside me. He gave me a quick glance. I can't even tell him my current state since we just met this day. He is awfully quiet as well, he doesn't speak unless spoken to.

As we both stood there awkwardly I averted my attention towards the people invited. Most of them I don't even know. The only people who came for my wedding are my members, two of our managers and the company's CEO. Special people who was supposed to attend my wedding weren't here. What do you expect from a marriage like this anyway? Even my husband isn't someone special to me to begin with.

As my train of thoughts continued I didn't realized that I lost my balance from my continuous shuffling of feet but before I even fall, my arm was then held firmly by someone.
-

Y/N's POV
Marriage.

I always knew it would end up like this. It was already set in stone for me to marry someone not on my own will. I can't believe I was informed of my own wedding just this morning. I didn't even had the time to know what kind of person am I gonna marry.

Speaking of, why does she keep shuffling from one foot to another? Is she bored? Hungry? Tired? Uncomfortable? Perhaps all of it. But then I noticed how she lost her balance. Good thing we weren't so far from each other and I was able go catch her right away.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

She was a bit surprised.

"Ah, yes, thank you for saving me." She politely replied, and she almost bowed. Almost. The girl wasn't looking at me, her eyes were instead focused on the ground.

"I see. Are you perhaps in any sort of discomfort?" I questioned her. I removed my hand that was holding her arm and put it behind my back.

"Oh." The girl answered. "I am fine. Just a bit distracted."

I gave her a nod. You are more than welcome to be distracted, I bet you don't even want to be here.
-

ROSÉ's POV
Now I am regretting not telling him. Guests once again came to us and made small talks. Obviously, they came for him. I wonder what would be the next part of the program is. I hope I can finally sit down or something. Again I felt his gaze on me and out of nowhere he stood in front of me. Blocking my view of the guests.

"Is your feet okay?" He asked with his emotionless voice.

Huh?

"I have noticed how you keep on tapping your feet." He stated. My heels must have sounded loudly in his ears.

"I'm really fine." I replied with a forced smile. For some reason, I haven't seen any change of expression on his face for the last hours we've been together. He has a neutral expression. He doesn't look angry nor happy. I can't determine what he is thinking of at all.

"You do not have to lie. It is obvious that your feet hurts." He told me.

I was surprised by him. "Oh. It does."

"You should have said so earlier."

"But," I hesitated, "I thought it would be rude for me to do so, since a lot of guests keep coming to congratulate us. I don't want to make them wait."

"Don't mind that."

"Sorry?"

"Let's get you something else to wear." He said monotonously as he gestured for me to follow him.
——————————————————————————
A/N: Hi! I hope y'all would like this one. Thank you for reading!