ten

I finally caught up with her in front of the school. I figured she wanted to use the remainder of this time to debrief in her car. I wanted to give her that but I figured an explanation sounded more appropriate.

"You don't have to be embarrassed or how ever you're feeling. I don't mean to assume anything." She stopped walking to turn around and face me. I quickly went from nervous to as serious as I could be to avoid giving away my fears. "I am sorry. I shouldn't have said that in front of them. That was... weird."

She simply bursted into laughter to the point where she grabbed her knees to prevent from falling over. I couldn't pinpoint what I said that was this funny, but it's nice to know I have it in me.

"That's not weird. What's weird is that I can't stop thinking about fucking you! It was such a getaway moment and I want it to be all day every day. Like I want to do it all the time!"

"I'm not that great. Plus my dick... I don't think it an handle such a strenuous activity. I mean we can try but I'm saying-"

"No, Ryan. I don't mean literally. I mean- I don't even know what I mean." She stood upright and looked at me as if she was in a blissful state. Her body was relaxed and the genuine smile seemed permanent. "I don't even know what I mean," she repeated. "That's the issue. Break ups are different for everyone. That's what Loya says."

My brain cells stopped functioning for a minute as I tried to comprehend what she said even though it was clear as day. "You're going through a break up?"

"Fucking yeah. I'm a hot mess and meanwhile he's posting all his fun adventures everywhere I look. I thought I should block him but I wanted to see if he would even be sad. Every moment he isn't I feel like it was only me who loved at all."

Exactly how Alyssa felt and I brushed her off. An asshole I am.

"I thought with all the things on my schedule, I wouldn't think about it. Then suddenly I saw his name in my textbook! My fucking trigonometry textbook!" She then threw her hands up and did a spin in the complete opposite direction. "Now I'm telling all my business to someone I don't even know."

Now it was my time to make myself present. "Well if the sex cleared your mind we can do that. We can do that until your mind is cleared without it. Even after that we can just keep going." Capitalizing on an opportunity is what everyone would do... right?

She turned back around to face me and this time with a glare. "Confessing to using you... that's what I just did. Your response is to continue doing that?"

"I mean, I've never hung out with my friends for longer than two hours. We spent the whole weekend together. I would usually oppose that because Alyssa would be over. In a way I'm kind of using you too. My friends also. We're all using someone. It's the distraction we chase. Why not the perfect combination of us both getting something out of it?"

I held my hand out to seal the deal. She looked at it for a brief second then smiled before accepting the agreement. "I think I'm going to really like you, Ryan. You're so understanding. I thought I was humiliating myself for a second."

"Wow. Haven't heard that since 5th grade. Mrs. Ramone was such a mother figure." She giggled then released her hand from mine. "So, everything good now?"

"Was it ever bad?"

I snapped my fingers in defeat. "You right!"

"Wow, fuck you, Brett

"Wow, fuck you, Brett." I clicked off the screen the moment Cassidy took a seat next to me. She's the only person I talk to in this class when we have free time. "And how have you been?" I smirked.

She rolled her eyes while throwing a journal and textbook on her desk. "Wondering why you haven't been answering my texts."

"Busy... I guess."

"We have to work on our chem project. It's due Friday so you're coming over to my place after school-"

I quickly interjected her sudden rush of orders that she actually didn't run by me until this very last minute. "When today? No ma'am. I have very important plans that I have to be home for."

"Then your house. You can do those "plans" while we go over the research portion. It should take three hours. Then another three on Wednesday. Then we meet first thing in the morning on Friday to put the final touches together for presentation."

"What about my schedule?" I almost whined. "I can't do any of that. I have... stuff!"

She shrugged. "I'll do it myself then. You find your own way to get the grade for the partner project." All it took was for her to simply threaten to grab a textbook to leave before I reached out and grabbed her wrist. "Change of heart?"

"Whatever. After school Monday, Tuesday and whatever the heck you said."

"I'll send you the schedule. Answer my texts why don't you?" She then raced forward in her seat while whipping out her laptop.

I didn't have anything to do off the top of my head so I got back on my phone and wondered how I was going to tell Paris that plans were canceled.