introduction

CW:
Blood, mentions of self-harm, violence, child abuse, and sexual assault

Flowers of Romance and Revenge:

Duchess Carnelia grew up adored by her family but when they arranged her marriage to the first prince of Rennala her life turned upside down. Her sister, Violet, grew jealous of her and trued to seduce her fiancée! Will the Prince be able to win Carnelia's heart and save her from her sister?

Completed.

Reading formulaic fantasy web novels was a guilty pleasure of mine. Nasrin was binging chapter after chapter, fighting the heaviness in her eyes. One of her favorite cliches was when the main character would teleport into the story and have to navigate relationships and survive in the fantasy world. It was light-hearted and helped her decompress from her long day of work. She had snuggled into bed, excited to dive into Flowers of Romance and Revenge. The author was clever but it was obvious to the avid reader already that the male lead's name would no doubt be flower-related. Carnelia and Chyrsanthemum? Chrys? Oh that had to be to it, she laughed at herself before getting comfortable and silently hoping not all the characters were named after flowers.

She was almost at the end now, having made it to chapter 90 of 100. It was almost time for her to fall asleep, the bright neon red of her alarm clock told her she needed to wake up in 6 hours, just a couple more minutes and she'd be in double shots of espresso territory. Nasrin was practically prying her long black lashes open to keep her eyes on her phone and finish the story. But to no avail, halfway through a blink, her eyes betrayed her and let her sink blissfully into the cotton sheets.

When she woke up, her hands flitted through the sheets reaching for the alarm clock just to the right of her bed. It must have drifted further to the left than she thought, because as Nasrin rustled through the silky sheets her hand never seemed to reach the bedside table. Irked by this fact now, she huffed against the sheets, pulling them off of her. They were softer than she remembered and her frustration wilted away when she was met with complete silence, like the alarm had never rang. The silence was eerie. Nasrin was sure she was late to work now, the soft sheets were sirens, culling her to the shore of further sleep. It made bet heart lurch, she sat up at once and looked to her right, only to be met with a startled expression of someone looking over her in bed. A young looking pale blonde haired girl with freckles speckling her face, looked unfazed by Nasrin's attention. She couldn't hold back the shriek that left her throat. Who the hell was this? She was wearing some sort of maid uniform, was this a sex dream, Nasrin wondered. She reached for my glasses, maybe she was losing it, but nothing felt familiar. Her bedside table was mahogany carved artfully with gold flowers adorning the edges. It was regal and beautiful, it wasn't hers. There was no alarm clock, there were no glasses, and this definitely wasn't her room.

Nasrin was now positive this was a dream, or she simply had lost her mind from reading too many isekai novels, because this was no doubt a room fit for royalty, and judging from the slight disgust on the maid's face she wasn't the protagonist.

Nasrin let out one more shrill scream and lay back in bed, deciding something close to sleep would be better than facing this nightmare head on.

A/N:
this fantasy will not be your typical villainess isekai web noval, our main character will make bad, even evil, decisions she is by no means a perfect person
also one of the characters in this story is inspired and physically resembles jeon wonwoo of seventeen i think it'll be apparent who it is ;)
tldr: i support women's rights and women's wrongs