Leaving the past behind....

*Since this was SUPPOSED to be a short story it instead exceeded to 36 parts I'm going to end it here. I just want to say thanks to all of you who read from the beginning and voted. I really appreciate it and you check out my other stories such as -Thugs Ain't For Me- and -Taking on a faster life- They are different from this story but like always they are dramatic. :) Hoped you enjoyed

Jamesha

I decided to give Jeremy a call since I never responded to his message the other day.

"Long time no chat." He picked up.

"I'm sorry....Alan is gone and it's been a very stressful few days."

"What do you mean Alan is gone?

"He ran away, he couldn't accept the fact that my parents couldn't accept him so he left."

"Damn....is he okay?"

"Don't tell anyone but I know where he is."

"Why don't you tell you mom?"

"Because Jeremy I'm on his side...he's my brother and I don't think it's fair for him to be treated like a slave in his own home because he's gay. So if he needs some air then he should be able to get some without being penalized."

"But I mean your mom is super worried...don't you want her to have a peace of mind."

"She will when she is ready to give him his freedom and life."

"Well I know I can't do anything to help. So anyways what you doing today?"

"I don't know....it's not really much to do lately but be tortured by all of this drama." I said sighing heavily.

"You are 18 now....."

"Yeah so..."

"You can move out and live on your own....You know if the drama is really to much for you."

"I couldn't think to do that...I don't have a job and my brother needs me...I would hate myself if I left him here."

"You can't always protect him you know....You're going off to college soon and then what?"

"Alright maybe you're right but like I said I don't have a job....I can't pay for rent or anything."

"..........What if you moved out with me?.........." I stared at the phone and silently let out a half a breath with every exhale. I didn't know what to say next but he finished his sentence and I was silently thanking God that he did.

"I mean that came out weird or maybe asking you to begin with was weird...I'm sorry....but yeahh.....sorry."

"No it's alright."

"No...that was way out of order...."

"Jeremy relax please alright...I was just surprised that you'd even asked me. But don't you still live with your parents?"

"...I'm moving out in two days, been packing and buying furniture all week long. I wanted to surprise you by bringing you to my new place this week when I was all settled in."

"That's nice. I still would like to come though....I'll act surprised." I giggled and he laughed too.

"But I have to go, call me later?"

"Sure." I said ending the call. I really liked Jeremy but maybe moving in this early with him would ruin our chances. I still haven't heard anything from Alan since he has been gone. I knew he still had my phone and that I could just text him and make sure he was okay, but I wanted him to text me and let me know. My mom was downstairs cooking and we haven't really spoken...since our last confrontation. I went downstairs anyway.

"Mom....what you making?" I asked trying to start up a conversation but she didn't respond.

"Hello earth to mother." I joked but nothing, I hated seeing her like this.

"....Mom I know why you're mad but come on it's not my fault that Alan ran away.."

"....Yeah I know it's mine, you've said it like a million and one times."

"Stop mom okay, I just want you to see what you're doing to him."

"................." She stopped responding again and went to the refrigerator to get some onions. I hated onions so I think she was purposely doing that so I wouldn't eat. I started to get angry.

"....I might be moving out and going to stay with Jeremy...." I really didn't know if I was or not but I was trying to get to listen to me.

"So both of my kids are leaving me? This is unbelievable."

"I'm only leaving because it's time that I should...I'm eighteen and have a life to live. Alan will be back and you know it."

"I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ANYMORE BAILEY!" She screamed turning from the stove. Her veins were visible through her skin on her neck and tears flowing from her eyes.

"Mom stop it." I went to hug her as she cried.

"I don't Bailey, I don't. I didn't know Alan was gay.....I didn't know that you wanted to move out...I didn't know what to do when Jesse and Maddie got kidnapped or when Ices came over that day...I don't ever know what to do, or anything that happens to my own kids." Her sobbing was getting in the way with her speech but I understood everything that she said. I felt bad for my mom, but she needs to realize that she can't just up and know everything.

"Mom it's fine...no one knew what to do when Jessica and Maddie got kidnapped, and Ices was just being a problem. Alan never told me he was gay so I didn't know either. Your not alone mom, I'm here right with you." I tried to comfort her but she wasn't trying to hear it. I gave her a long thorough look before leaving the kitchen.

"Bailey..." She called out. I turned back around to her and nodded.

"....You're right....you are eighteen now and I don't wanna stop you from living your life."

"Mom no if you don't want me to go then say that and I'll be right here.." I assured her.

"..No sweety I've had you long enough go and be with Jeremy...he deserves you." I gave her a really tight hug. I love my mom and I wouldn't leave if she didn't want me too, but she sounded pretty sure so sent Jeremy a message:

"I hope you have enough room at your new place :)"

".....You're coming?"

"Yes!!"

Two weeks later

Alan came home last week and every since my mom and dad has been letting him get a little more space now. I guess since I was leaving they didn't want to be on his bad side. I was surely going to miss Samantha though. I told her that I was going to come back and visit her everyday. As for Alan he was pretty upset too, but I made sure he knew that I was just a phone call away. Jeremy was waiting outside for me while everyone helped carry my things to his car. My dad was pretty silent every since I told him I was leaving but I figured that's how he'd be since his baby girl was finally leaving home. I pulled him to the side for a second

"Dad....I'll still be around." He looked up at me and gave me a faint smile.

"...Are you sure this is what you want?.."

"I couldn't be anymore sure." He hugged me for a long time before giving me a soft kiss on my forehead.

"You're always my baby girl alright, just call if anything is needed and I'm right there." I shook my head in agreement and hugged everybody goodbye. This wasn't the end but a new start.