Chapter 13

This is my art. I TRIED. Cause some of you wanted a bit of Rengoku and MC fluff and all. Here. Not all of it is mine, I drew from a reference. Pleas enjoy it.
(Also, I would love if anyone would do some fanart of either our MC or just anything in this book)

Also, you guys have made it official that Rengoku shall live after final battle. And there's an ongoing battle between you all if the Kamabokosquad should die or not.

⚠️Please note that every chapter from here on out is all manga spoilers! Read at your own risk⚠️

(M/n): "The swordsmith village, mmh..."

(M/n) was walking along a dirt path as the full moon was arising for another beautiful night. Where is our beloved Rengoku Kyojuro, you may ask? Well, ever since Akaza told him about blood battles, our flame-headed demon always tries to surpass Upper 0.

He would "sneak-attack" him, trying to land a hit on the stronger, though he's never been able too. Currently, he's on another one of those phases: Do his so called "sneak-attack", get blocked by (M/n), get his body cut in half, and compliment his superior for his strength.

A few rustles can be heard from the bushes, light footsteps running across the floor covered in dry leaves. (M/n) just shifted his head, the sword of the ex-slayer missing him by a few inches.

The younger got Rengoku into a headlock, snapping his neck as he let go. The other regenerated quite quick, a few sparkles in his eyes at the easy strength and ability of killing a mere human.

(Rengoku): "What raw strength! You're only toying with the slayers that attack you, aren't you?"

Upper 0 just gave a quiet hum, agreeing to Lower 1's statement.

(M/n): "You still have a lot to improve, Rengoku. Be grateful that Akaza has spar sessions with you."

(Rengoku): "I'll be sure to thank him next time!"

They walked in silence, until they both heard a gun shot in the distance. A mere glance at each other already informed them of their inner thoughts. They both started running across trees and rocks as they made their way to the location the sound came from.

(M/n): "Ah, so this is the Swordsmith village Master was talking about"

Looking around, weird fish-like monsters were infesting the village, eating and killing the creators of the nichirin blades. Screams of pain filled the air, a satisfying sound to the ears of the demons.

(???): "W-We're saved! They send two more Hashiras—"

It was a small Swordsmith with a very weird tengu mask. Him shouting that there were "2 more Hashiras", only attracted unwanted attention. The choice was made to slice his head clean off, though before they could, someone rushed in and saved him from being minced.

(Mitsuri): "Wahh! It's you! It's you from the other night that killed an entire village!"

Unbeknownst to her, her ex-trainer was standing behind her, kicking her in the back as she went tumbling to the floor, loosing grip on the smith.

She got back on her feet, freezing at the sight of her trainer.

(Mitsuri): "R-Rengoku-san..."

The sound of lighting was heard, as it struck nearby at a rundown house.

(M/n): "Rengoku, you can either take care of her, or kill off the entire village. Do whatever, I'm heading over to Hantengu"

Leaving Rengoku with the Love Hashira, (M/n) ran towards the direction Hantengu had his fight. Upon arriving, lightning nearly struck him as he glared at the user.

(Sekido): "(M-M/n)-sama! My dearest apologies, I thought you were another of those pests."

(M/n): "Forgiven. Urogi, has been killed. You have to be more careful."

(Sekido): "WHAT!? That good for nothing clone!"

A bullet was shot at the clone, Sekido blocking it with his hand as it got ripped off.

(Sekido): "What's with this guy? Why won't he die? Aizetsu is landing killing blows but..."

Aizestu hit the slayer with his weapon, swiping him off his feet as it threatened to slice him in half. He slammed the boy into the wall, catching attention of another clone.

(Karaku): "What?! That looks like more fun! Ha ha ha!"

Karaku went nose to nose with Nezuko, a visible expression of shock in her eyes.

(Karaku): "I'm done with you, girl!"

He swung his leg back, kicking the demoness right through her chest, blood splattering everywhere.

(Karaku): "Sekido! After I pull off this demon girl's limbs, stab her with your Khakkhara staff. If you keep using lightning, she won't be able to move!"

Sekido only sighed in annoyance.

(Sekido): "That was already my plan."

Karaku started his little masterpiece, starting to pull off Nezuko's hands as the skins ripped. Though unexpectedly, Nezuko, with all her force, kicked Karaku's head to rip off.

(Karaku): "What a powerful kick!"

Ripping off the rest of her arm, Karaku started burning in red-pink flames. He screamed in agony as it burned his own flesh. Nezuko tore off his leg as well as his arm as the clone of Joy coughed blood.

(Sekido): "WHAT'RE YOU DOING, FOOL?!"

The demon girl used the arm holding the leaf-like fan, and swung it at the dismembered body, a huge air current sending Karaku into the air.

(M/n) watched from the sidelines, his flame-headed friend soon joining him as they both watched the scene unfold.

The bamboo-muzzled demoness was going to cut off the arm of Sekido with the fan, only for her to get his Khakkhara pierced through her throat, as lightning electrified her entire body, making her unable to move.

(M/n) stood up, walking over to the clone of sorrow, who was still fighting the same slayer as before.

(???): "Kaized-Ai-Arakan..."

Standing there dumbfounded, Aizetsu and (M/n) stared at the kneeling boy.

(???): "...Shu-sho-chi-shiki...Choro-Shari-hotsu...maka-Moku-kenren..."

(Aizetsu): "How are you still alive?"

(???): "...Maka-kasho..."

(Aizetsu): "What in the world are you?"

(???): "...Maka-kasen-nen..."

A sadistic laugh came from the boy, as he slowly got to his feet again.

(???): "Wah ha ha! I'll tell you! My name is Genya Shinazugawa! Remember it! It's the name of the man, who's going to kill you—!"

Upper 0 appeared in front of the slayer, their noses almost touching. Genya froze, he didn't dare to move.

(M/n): "You certainly have a death wish. I'd prefer you'd leave and let us do our own thing."

(Genya): "Y-You wish! Demon!"

He took his gun and shot. Though the Upper Rank dodged it, walking away to leave Aizetsu to do his own thing.

Alrightyo, apologies for my disappearance. I know a lot of you have been waiting for the next chapter (or not), but here it is.

I originally thought of making this chapter longer, but I've kept you all waiting for quite a while. So here, enjoy <3