Chapter 12

Giyuu's and Shinobu's eyes widened. There are only two demons Gyomei might need help with. And they both hope that he isn't fighting him.
_______________

The backup was made of Shinobu, Giyuu and Mitsuri. They ran through the forest, hoping that they aren't too late to save their teammates.

Arriving at the top of the hill, that allows you to have a full view of the village, their eyes widened at the sight.

The entire village was burning, shouts and cries being clearly audible. Shinobu sent the Kakushi to evacuate anyone who is still alive, and to treat the wounded. They walk down towards the massacred place.

They heard a huge explosion and a house breaking. They immediately rushed towards the area, only to find Gyomei holding back the one demon they were hoping not to show its face, from getting closer to the civilians.

(Mitsuri): "Obanai-kun!"

Obanai is laying unconscious at the side of a broken house, blood covering his Haori and flowing down his head. His sword no where near him as rubble surrounded him.

The battle between the strongest demon Kizuki and strongest Hashira commenced as they exchanged blow after blow.

(M/n): "I must admit, you're quite strong. Having landed a hit on me is a rare sight. Let's see how long your stamina will last"

Swiping his arms in a crisscross manner, an x-shaped air-force made its way towards Gyomei, as he dodged it and threw his spiked flail and axe towards the demon.

The latter dodged effortlessly, only to get his arm cut off from behind, not that it matters. Because it regenerated just as quick as it was cut off.

Giyuu stood there, katana raised as he gets ready for a counterattack. As the demon faced the raven haired male, an x-mark was cut on his back as the girl with pink-to-green hair landed gracefully with her whip-like sword.

(M/n): "How annoying"

He 'summoned' eyes all over his body, all of them looking in different directions.

(Giyuu): "Mitsuri-san! Don't look into the eyes! You'll fall into his demon art!"

But it was too late for her, she was already consumed in a trance as she stood there mindlessly. (M/n) appeared before her, giving a solid kick to her stomach, sending her flying into a wall.

Shinobu called out to her, only to dodge an oncoming attack which grazed her arm. The slayers had to fight on pure instinct as they have to close their eyes to avoid being targeted, as the eyes upon (M/n)'s body looked around.

(M/n): "I must admit, you held out quite long. But now it's time to die"

He shot attack after attack, the invisible air force going haywire and destroying a bunch of rubble and still-intact houses. The slayers barely dodged all of them as they got cut by a few parts of their body.

As the slayers caught their breath, the Upper rank appeared before Giyuu, slashing him across the chest before disappearing. Giyuu knelt down, coughing up blood as he weakly looked up.

Though the demon was nowhere to be seen. They only heard his voice from every direction, then unable to pinpoint him.

(M/n): "I await your strength to kill me when we meet again"

And then the heavy presence was gone. The only reason why, was that the sun started coloring the sky in a orange-to-yellow colour.

(Shinobu): "We barely survived this onslaught of attacks. We have to improve major"

The Kakushi quickly tended to Giyuu, as well as checking up on Obanai and Mitsuri. After the both regained their consciousness, they were still processing everything from the battle as Gyomei sent a crow to the master, reporting on the situation.

————

Appearing back in the shed he and Rengoku shared, (M/n) found the presence of his flame headed friend a lot stronger than before.

Approaching him, Rengoku jumped up in joy, engulfing our main character in a bone-crushing hug.

(Rengoku): "After 5 battles with Akaza, I went out searching for you! Since you weren't anywhere, I went hunting and killed a bunch of Demon Slayers! Master gave me a good amount of blood! See! See!"

He was pointing towards his eyes, revealing the Kanji 'Lower One' in black as it stood out in his sunrise eyes.

(M/n): "Well done, Rengoku. I hope you don't disappoint the Master as all the other Lower Moons"

Rengoku let out a enthusiastic laugh as he promised to not just stay by (M/n)'s side, but to protect him with his life, and not to disappoint the Master.

As the sun arose from the other side of the world, shining high up in the sky, the two demons sat in silence. Well, the one was asleep on the other's shoulder, whilst the other was staring into nothingness.

As the fire crackled of the sleeping Rengoku, (M/n) could hear voices and footsteps outside, heading into the direction of the shed. They were unfamiliar, so he wasn't sure if they were civilians or slayers. But listening closely, one of the voices did sound familiar. In a good way.

(M/n) slowly stood up, the old boards of the floor squeaking as the demon immediately stopped his movements.

(???): "Shh, I heard something..."

Theory confirmed. It was the lady he saw at the train as Akaza and Rengoku had their splendid fight. The one with the youngster named Kami.

(???): "No, Kami! Get back here!"

Not too long after, a little boy ran into the abandoned home, bumping against the leg of the Upper Demon and falling onto his behind. The child looked up, tears welling up in his eyes as he only saw four eyes staring at him in confusion.

(M/n) sweat dropped as he had absolutely no idea of what to do in this situation. Hearing the cries of a child, the flame-headed demon awoke from his short slumber. Sensing humans outside and a child inside, he was about to unsheathe his blade and cut him up, only to turn away with fear written in his face as the intense glare from the younger-yet-stronger demon was directed at him.

Now their attention was directed at the entrance, as a young woman in her thirties poked her head inside, letting out a shriek at the two unfamiliar yet familiar people.

She quietly called the boy's name from outside, to scared to face the two males inside. As the child ran out to his mother, they could hear the footsteps rushing away.

That was the most eventful thing that happened that day. Nothing else was interesting as they went hunting and eating a bunch of Marechi, hitting the jackpot. Though (M/n) noticed that he hasn't been looking in on the Headquarter of the Slayers for quite some time.

Another chapter done! Hope you enjoyed and all.

Please place you votes!

Should Rengoku die in the final battle?

Yes ➡️

No➡️

Should the Kamabokosquad (Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Kanao) be spared in the final battle?

Yes➡️

No➡️

Cant wait to see how the end will turn out.