Chapter 7

"Why don't you become a demon?"

Rengoku just simply replied with a "Hmmm...No thanks." After that stupid question of Akaza.

(Akaza): "I can tell your strength by looking at you. You're a Hashira, right? You've developed your fighting spirit to the edge of perfection."

(Rengoku): "I am the Flame Hashira Kyojuro Rengoku."

(Akaza): "I am Akaza. Let me tell you, Kyojuro, why your power will never truly reach perfection."

Akaza gave a silent pause mid-sentence, continuing with;

(Akaza): "It's because you're human. Because you age. Because eventually you'll die. Become a demon, Kyojuro. If you do, you can train for hundreds of years and keep getting stronger!"

Looking at Tanjiro, it looked like he was looking for his sword. (M/n) spotted it and grabbed it, walking over to the injured slayer, totally not interested in what his fellow demon and the Flame pillar were talking about.

As Tanjiro spotted Upper 0 approaching him, he started to freak out. His heart started beating twice as fast as before, him trying to calm himself.

(Tanjiro): "He reeks of Muzan. Everything about him screams 'Dangerous'. His scent is so overwhelming that I can't take it anymore!"

(M/n) squatted down, earning a flinch from the young slayer. But as Tanjiro opens his eyes, he saw his sword reached out to him. He slowly looked up at the demon, a shocked expression taking over his face. (M/n) had a concerned look on his face.

(M/n): "Were you looking for this?"

Tanjiro gave a slow nod, not letting his guard down. (M/n) placed the sword in-front of the boy, standing back up and walking away.

(Akaza): "Be happy that (M/n) has a soft-spot for children below the age of 18. Or else he would have killed those little pests in an instant."

Akaza got into a squatting stance, one arm bent by his side and the other stretched outwards.

(Akaza): "Technique development; Destructive Death: Compass Needle!"

A blue snowflake appeared below Akaza's feet, it having a faint red glow.

(Akaza): "If you won't become a demon, then I'll have to kill you!"

Akaza sprinted at Rengoku. Him also reading a breathing form.

(Rengoku): "First Form: Unknowing Fire!"

And they both dashed at each other head on. An explosion occurred from flame and pressured air.

(Akaza): "The other Hashira I've killed didn't have flames. Still, none accepted my proposal. Why is that? As someone who also walks the path of the warrior, I do not understand it. One cannot simply decide to become a demon. You must be chosen!"

Akaza was literally flying in a squatted position upside down.

(Akaza): "But you, who worked so hard to build such magnificent talent, would simply let it wither away. Such a waste! It's hard for me to accept! I can't stand it! Die for me, Kyojuro. Do it while you're young and strong!"