Chapter 34: Red String

Start from the beginning

'Why Dragon's house?' Jimin asked Jungkook.

'We need some bulletproof vests and weapons. We can get it there.'

'And how are you going to convince him?'

'I will simply leave him no choice...' Jungkook said with a determined tone.

'And how are we going to reach Daegu faster than MOI?'

Taehyung smirked and met Jungkook's eyes in the rear view mirror.

'We have few ideas...'

They all reached the Mountain House of the Dragon at 1 am. The adrenaline, anger and fear they all felt, made them absolutely focused.

It was the freezing type of focus when their minds were sharp as edges of ice blocks.

Jiyoung was already standing in the front doors with his arms crossed over his chest and raised eyebrow. Siyeon and Bora probably informed him beforehand.

Jungkook boldly stood in front of him like his mother a few years ago.

'And what do you want here at this hour, brats?' Dragon asked warningly.

'Your help for starters...' Jungkook said. 'Weapons would be a nice addition too...'

'Don't test my patience, Jungkook.'

'Don't waste my time, grandpa.'

'The only help I can offer you right now is food and beds. And arms that will calm you down...'

'And the help I want is the power to save YOUR family. Don't leave my mother alone as you did years back!'

Jiyoung's eyes widened.

'You are crossing the line...' he whispered.

'I will cross every line if it will save my parents!'

'MOI will go there!'

'That's too late!!'

'Jungkook! You are only 17!'

To the surprise of everyone around Jungkook smirked.

'I was 18 when I died in the battle of Troy. I was 15 when they sold me. I was 17 in the battle of Antietam. I was 19 when HE killed me after the battle of Red Cliffs.' he said bitterly. 'Age is just a number...'

Taehyung closed his eyes as if every one of these brought back memories pierced his heart.

Jiyoung went pale as a sheet.

'Do you want to end up like before then?! And drag your friends with you?!'

'If we wouldn't want to, we wouldn't be here...' Jimin said.

'I-it was a different time... Young people then had different experiences...' Dragon stammered hesitantly.

Jungkook shook his head.

'Don't hide behind our age...'

'We will do it the hard way without your help. Or you will help us and make sure you guided us the best you could.' Taehyung said quietly.

'And what? You will storm my house to get the weapons?'

'No. We will go without them... We don't actually need them.' Taehyung said. 'But you can arm us and be sure we have any possible defense...'

Jiyoung looked at Bora and Siyeon looking for help. But they were looking at the ground not going to back him up against nine enraged teenagers.

Finally, he felt a pat on his back and heard: