𝑇𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸

Start from the beginning

   Stella Rogers sat in her cell, cold and alone as she waited for Bucky to get back. She had been pulled out of the ice a few days ago and had only seen the man a handful of times for only about twenty minutes each. Every time it was just to calm him down.

   He had snuck to her cell before leaving to ask about Vera, letting her know what was going on and that he would be back soon with an update on their daughter.

   She was expecting him to be the one to come to her cell when he got back, maybe a little bit after, but it was a doctor who lead her to his room. Stella followed him, letting the man open the door for her before she ran into Buckys cell, pulling him into a hug.

   The doctor was amazed that the soldier let anyone touch him, let alone give him a hug. But this woman was the saving grace after all, she was an angel among HYDRA, so he guessed it made sense. He closed the door after a few seconds, shutting them in the cell together.

   "What happened? Where is she?" Stella asked, pulling away from the hug.

   Bucky didn't respond right away, instead checking the blonde woman over for any possible injuries. It only took him a minute before he realized she was fine and responded to her questions, "no one was found at Leighi, she just disappeared," he told her, "she's done this before and she turned out to be perfectly fine, she'll be the same this time 'round."

   Stella nodded but still worried for her daughter, "what if something happens this time though?" she asked.

   "Then I'll kill whoever hurts her," he reassured the woman. Stella nodded again, looking into his eyes and pulling him down into a soft kiss.

   "I love you soldier," Stella told him.

   "I love you too Grace."

...

   Vera stepped out of the bathroom, patting Steve's shoulder as he walked past her to clean himself up, "please tell me you washed your hands," Steve asked the girl.

   "I was raised in HYDRA, not in a pig pen," Vera responded, rolling her eyes at the blonde man as she laid down next to where Natasha sat on the bed.

   The redhead looked down at the girl, finally taking notice of how much she resembled Steve. All except her eyes, those were a cool blue instead of a soft ocean blue, "so who is Vera?" Natasha curiously asked the girl.

   "What do you mean?" Vera asked, propping herself up on her arms.

   "Like who are you?" Natasha asked, "we know you are apart of HYDRA, but we know nothing else about you. Tell me."

   Vera thought about the question for a moment. She really had no personality other than being a weapon, being raised to be one since she could pick up a knife or gun. She didn't even really know herself, how do you explain that to someone.

   "Well, my father is the winter soldier, mom is the saving grace. I didn't know them until I was about sixteen, at least I think I was sixteen," she took a second to shrug, "I finally ran away for the first time in twenty-ten, taken and brain washed by Loki, that was fun, ran away from him after a little bit, then I was found by HYDRA again a few months ago," she told her.

   Natasha chewed on the information for a little bit, not knowing how to respond, "you were born in HYDRA then?"

   Vera nodded, "parents had an affair on a mission where mom got pregnant and had me in the facility. She went under after a while and I didn't. I was raised to be a weapon all my life."