Chapter 07

Everything in this grand hall screams power, luxurious, and fancy people. Everyone was wearing their fake smiles and forcing laughters. The hall was filled with famous and well known people all over the country. With their tuxedos and gowns they all looked elegant and fabulous, but behind those sophistication hids a cunning and deceitful faces.

Slow and soft music was playing, clinking glasses, small talks, greetings and kissing each other cheeks was the first thing I noticed when I entered the grand hall. Seeing how wonderful they are in their suits makes me want to go home. I feel like I wasn't suit in this place.... a place for elites.

Brittany Rein Barret the daughter of Harold Lemuel Barret our city mayor, was cerebrating her 15th birthday in this exclusive hotel which is also owned by her father. Everyone looked very exquisite with their fancy gowns and tuxedos, graceful and delicate movements telling that they are from high class.

Hindi ko mapigilan ang manliit sa sarili sa mga sopistikadang nakikita ko. Tahimik lang akong nag-mamasid sa gilid malayo sa mga taong kabilang sa alta sociedad. Pili lamang ang mga gurong inimbitahan sa selebrasyong ginaganap ngayon at isa ako sa mga napili dahil mismong ang may kaarawan ang personal na nagbigay ng imbitasyon dahil sinabi nitong isa ako sa mga paboritong guro nito.

I don't know what to feel about it. I don't even know if I am glad or what?

I run my finger through the mouth of the wine glass observing these elites having fun.

"Excuse me!" I called for the attention of the waiter who did passed by carrying a bottle of wine. He abruptly faced and went near me.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Can you please pour some wine again in my glass?" I politely asked. Mabilis naman na tumango ito at nilagyan ng alak ang basong hawak ko.

"Thank you." ngumiti ito sa'kin at nagpaalam nang umalis. I was left alone again, sipping on my wine, observing people. I suddenly felt someone's presence behind me, but I didn't bother to look who it was.

Napapitlag ako nang may marahan na kamay ang tumapik sa balikat ko.

"Ms. Mendez, glad to see you here!" a high-pitched tone made me turn around and there I saw a petite woman wearing a red long mermaid gown with sleeves and long slit exposing her flawlessly thigh making her look more glamorous and seductive.

I was caught off guard when she kissed my right cheek and hug me. She was smiling but there's something off with her smile. I don't know who she was?

"Pardon me, ma'am, but, do I know you po?" I asked confused. Natawa ito ngunit halatang pilit. I noticed that pairs of eyes was watching us. Pabiro niya akong hinampas.

"Oh I'm sorry dear, but really, you don't know me?" I could sense the growing annoyance in her. Napapansin din ang pasimpleng pag-taas ng isang kilay nito at ang tila nandidiring mapalapit sa'kin.

"I'm really sorry ma'am for not knowing you.." tamad na usal ko. I roamed my eyes around the place as if signifying that I wasn't interested to have some time with her. I know such kind of people like her... Matapobre.

Peke ulit itong natawa.

"Palabiro ka talaga Zanaira!"

"Hindi po ako nagbibiro, ma'am." lumapit ito sa'kin at mahigpit na hinawakan ang braso ko.

"Come on Ms. Mendez stop fooling around.... you know how I hate people who love to play on fire." mariin at galit na saad nito ngunit pabulong iyon at sa tuwing may nakakapansin sa'min ay peke itong ngumingiti.

I took off her hand of me.

"I have no any idea who you really are, ma'am... excuse me."

"Really? How rude of you for not knowing the wife of city mayor! You know what, be thankful I approached you even though you don't deserve it!" she blunder out. My eyes widened a bit. Madness was written on her face.