Recently he even tried to hijack our caravans heading to Fire-abyss kingdom . It seems he is quite annoyed by these high-quality soaps . "

***

Meanwhile, Glenn and Prague had other thoughts as they saw the whole scene from the sidelines, Glenn laid out his thoughts to Prague, "He is quite imposing and different from what I heard in the rumors . From this incident, I can at least expect him to protect us if the Imperial academy tries to target us in the future . "

Prague touched his chin and added, "Hmm . . . quite different however from a practical point of view, he should have handed over that slave instead of offending Duke Evan . As the gains might not outweigh the losses . However, I am not sure If I am correct since there are a lot of factors which I don't know that Baron John might have considered . "

Glenn smiled, "Isn't that good? Since that guy is willing to protect a slave, I have no doubt he is a man who would protect all of his men . I was always worried that he doesn't hand us over if he is implicated with something big in the future . "

Glenn pointed at Diana as he asked, "Hey Prague, isn't that the famous princess from the Fire-abyss kingdom?"

Prague nodded and confirmed, "Yes, from what I heard, She only moved here recently as she liked the City and was most happy about the food here . From the rumors, I heard that she even made various deals with Baron John and that is also one of the reasons where his backing is coming from . That man beside her is Duke Bluesea's right-hand-man Vlad . Currently, he is working as her bodyguard . From the rumors that man has quite a lot of authority in Bluesea house and quite scary when he takes matters in his own hands . "

***

Vlad met John as he reached the square, "Quite unexpected coincidence that such an incident took place with Jake and his family today . Well, some things are meant to be the way they are, The only advice I can give you is that you should be careful regarding that port town as that Baron is a pussy when someone stronger gives him some pressure, you should immediately start the planning to either invade that port town or claim the wildlands north of Port town so that you can have access to sea and your trade to south doesn't stop or get costlier because of all the taxes you will pay because of crossing the lands . As for Jake, he is already ok and would recover soon enough . I expect this incident to create a lot of waves in Aelius . "

John gave a mysterious smile and shrugged, "Well, you can't expect me to give up my men, do you? No one in the future would believe in me if I even gave up on my first knight . As for those waves I already have a solution for those waves . Have you tailed him already? From what I know he will try to make deals with a lot of nobles however his only obstacle will be his brothers . "

Vlad nodded, "Well, no worries, They are already being tailed by Dearil . There is some good and bad news . we will talk about them later . You should start making those Ballistas earlier just to be safe . "

John nodded and gave an understanding look, "Okay, we will talk later . We will have to prepare from now on . "

Vlad and Diana left as they too headed to make their own preparations,

John turned to Taylor as he gave an immediate order, "Bring both Tornwall and Jake to my chambers after he recovers . We will be having important discussions at this meeting . Make sure to inform them earlier . "

Chapter 87

Taylor nodded as he noted down the details, "Okay, I will immediately inform them about the importance of this meeting, are there any other orders?"

John thought and asked, "Hmm . . . When are the tests going to take place exactly?"

Taylor replied, "It will be 4 days later in the afternoon, we had also decided to relay the news about new laws and the police force which will be implemented . It was decided earlier by all the officials as they thought it will give a bigger impact among the populace,"