After everyone settled, John headed to the room where one of Lukav's servant was waiting to be greeted by John .

He was one of Duncan's man, Duncan had given him a letter which was specially made by Lukav so that only Baron himself reads it and gives him an immediate answer .

His name was Georgio, he was quite young to be holding a sufficient position of power and authority under Duncan . He seemed like a 25-year-old guy with a height of 5 feet 8 inches, the most peculiar features about him were his red hair which stood out among the masses . He also had two small red horns on his forehead . He wore clothes that were more suited to a trader or businessman .

After John arrived in the room, Georgio enthusiastically stood up and greeted John, from this reaction it can be seen that they sent their greetings and gifts with good intentions while the others were thinking of him as an upstart honorary baron who didn't even fight in a war to deserve the same status as them . He wasn't even from any big family to deserve the same status as them .

Usually, the new merchants who became nobles by paying always faced this discrimination from the nobles and This can also be seen from how they were given lands, it was almost always a loss-making project for them and many of them because of losing money gave up on it and as merchants, they always emphasized on profits so most of the times it was a rationale for them to give up on it . However, there were some who endeavored for a lot of years and got results of their work .

It was only after 1-2 generations when their interests were intermixed with Nobles that they were gradually accepted by them as they were able to survive in this world of aristocrats .

Chapter 57

"Greeting to Baron and all of your subjects, following the orders of my master I have personally come to deliver you a letter which my master hoped only you read it .

He sends his greetings and a gift for you to congratulate on becoming a lord . He hopes that you comment on the gift and answer to his message . "

He bought a box that had a short sword, not a knife nor a sword but something in between . However, this was not the main gift that Lukav had prepared for John . The actual gift contained in the letter which Lukav had prepared . John was quite surprised after looking at that sword because after analyzing he found out that it was made from a very precious metal in this world . This was made from a magic metal . Magic metal was used in weapons to improve the lethality of magic used by users . It was first discovered about 4000 years ago by a court magician . After some years it was spread to other countries after they observed its use and importance as a strategic resource .

John remarked in quite a fascinating manner, "Prince Lukav spent quite a lot to gift me this sword . "

John said this because he knew that Magic metal was not available to commoners or even merchants who had money . It could only be bought by people who had connections or people in power it was because most of the resources of Magic metal were monopolized by big nobles and the royal family with a collaboration of local heads . Many-a-times when magic metals were found on borders, it immediately set off a war between countries because of its importance as a strategic resource . Many a time, small nobles either got rich if they heeded the line of the regional lords (Dukes of the region) or the royal family .

Or they would feel the heat and get burned from people in power from all sides for possessing such a hot potato without any power .

However, there were still some cases where some nobles who hid their power or made deals with foreign powers made many people helpless and pay a lot from what they got . However, they were only rare cases where many interests were involved .