Chapter 39 - Wrath

Chapter 39

It was Andrea who came up with the crazy idea and Rafail couldn't believe he was actually going through with it as he pushed yet another enemy werewolf through the portal.

"How many more?" He asked Jonathan, rubbing his ring again as the head of his guards pushed a hunter towards Raf. Right before colliding, a portal appeared in front of Raf and the hunter went straight through it.

"Four after that one."

"I'll go next," Jackson – Jonathan's brother – spoke, his eyes never leaving the hunter in front of him. "Open."

Rafail did just as told, not missing Jackson's menacing smile as he sent his large body flying towards the poor hunter, pushing both of them through the shimmering light.

"I think that one is already out," Simon snorted, slashing the neck of a hunter who was fighting against Abby.

"That one was mine," She complained.

"One left," Andrea smiled right before pulling the trigger of her gun. "And... zero. Let's go."

Rafail nodded. "Two of you need to go to where Nick is. They're fighting hunters in the woods and might need some help."

"We can go," Abby placed an elbow on Andrea's shoulder.

"No way," Jonathan and Simon growled at the same time.

"We have no time for this," Andrea growled back – she really was enjoying those injected genes' perks. "We've been in the woods much more than any of you for the last couple of months."

"Plus, Nick and the others will probably have it handled by the time we reach them," Abby added.

Both their mates looked at them with hesitation in their eyes but Rafail had no time to let them talk it out. They had just sent everyone to the palace grounds per Andrea's suggestion so as not to have this many battlefronts. It had been a cuckoo idea but it had somehow worked since they didn't need to kill everyone, just send them through the portals. His kingsguard had already offed almost all of the hunters that had attacked them and when Raf had linked them with the idea, they had agreed readily. Plus, when the enemies first landed there, they were momentarily distracted, giving the guards an advantage.

"Go," Raf looked at Abby and Andrea as he rubbed his ring one final time. "Have faith in them," He said to the other two and they all jumped through the shimmering light.

On the other side, there was chaos. The enemies were too many and strangely, more traitors had appeared. They had probably been linked when the idiots noticed they were dying fast. Well, they had now signed their deaths too. And, make no mistake, Rafail would deliver them straight to fucking hell.

He growled as he pulled a hunter towards him by the collar of his shirt before pushing a hand through his chest and ripping his heart out. Immediately, roars filled the night as his wolves felt strengthened by the presence of their king. He was thankful that Thalia was on the other side of the palace, in a soundproofed room, or else nothing was stopping her from joining the battle.

Spotting a hunter aiming at Jonathan, Rafail ran fast towards the bastard, not hesitating to snap his neck. Jonathan shot him a grateful look before pulling the shoulder of a traitor out of its socket, tearing it away as the wolf screamed in agony.

Rafail spotted another traitor in wolf form that had his teeth snapped around Frank's wolf's neck. He let the loud growl rumble out of his chest as he jumped in their direction, sending all their bodies rolling on the ground. When he got up, he helped Frank back on his paws as the other wolf exhaled his last breath.