"Oh . . . " she muttered. "We have a lot to unpack here."

You furrowed your brows, watching as she pondered for a moment and sat up. She hovered over you so she could reach over and shut off the lamp on her bedside table.

Then she returned to her previous position by your side, "At the end of the day, what matters is your intention. Do you like Eren?"

"No."

The answer was a little too quick. The singular syllable a dash too slippery on your lips. Pieck could see right through it. You hated that. She, Hitch, Sasha, and Eren were always quick to pick up on shit like that. Now that you thought about it, Armin and Connie too.

It was unnerving that these few people were beginning to know you better than you yourself did.

"Liar," she mumbled. You rolled your eyes and she explained, "It's all over your face. You want to fuck him, and you want to be the only one who gets to."

You almost gasped, only you didn't. The strained squeal remained trapped in your throat and all you could muster to say was, "I can't . . ." You fell quiet.

She frowned. A pitiful tug in her eyebrows. You then whispered, "He kissed me today. Just before he brought me home. And I said to never talk about it ever again."

Pieck's eyes widened, "Holy shit. You kissed—you kissed! I feel like a proud mother. But . . . I know Eren. And he might never talk about it but he will never act like it never happened."

"What . . . does that mean?" you tilted your head against her pillow.

She leaned closer, "He'll remind you in ways without saying it."

You batted your lashes, "I know, Hitch already warned me to stay away from him when I was on the bus with her the other day. She said he's trying to play me."

"I don't know. I think he's capable of it considering his rap sheet but if you want to, then go for it. But if you're planning on getting all your feelings involved, I agree with Hitch," Pieck advised. "Is he coming to the party tomorrow?"

"Yes. Is Porco?"

"Yes. Is Jean?"

"Yes," you answered.

"Is Marlowe?"

"Yes, Hitch mentioned it." You closed your eyes at the humorous situation. "Looks like we'll all be dealing with guy troubles tomorrow night."

Pieck smiled, "I'm glad though. I won't feel alone. And I'm glad it's you guys there."

You returned the smile, "Me too. I care for you guys a lot."

You knew Pieck and you were just roommates and Hitch was just the girl you sat next to on the bus routes everyday, but they felt like so much more. You were glad you had them, and that they in turn had each other. It was an unlikely predicament for you three.

You loved the others too of course, but you were relieved you had them separately in your life.

You didn't even realize how long you stayed up talking with her. It went from all that serious conversation to you guys finally talking about stupid things like desserts you liked or which shows you were obsessed with.

It ended off with you both drifting to sleep side by side. All your troubles seemed so miniscule, that was until you woke up.

It was Halloween, you woke up an hour before noon which was fine since the party wasn't until later tonight. Pieck was still asleep, so you figured you would try and make breakfast for the both of you before she woke.