Your arms that were previously folded fell to your sides, "What? You can't be serious. That's not fair at all. You should be able to pursue your dreams—both of you. Yeah, being far away from each other makes it all scary but at the end of the day, when you've both accomplished what you want to, you'll be back with each other and happier than ever."

Pieck jabbed her hanger through the neckline of her sweater, poking it into the sleeve holes, "I know but it's one thing to say it. It's another to actually have to live it. Time seems relative when we talk about it, but it feels like eternity when we actually have to go through the hard parts."

She hung her clothes in her closet, heading towards her bed. You kept your eyes on her while she refused to allow hers to meet yours.

You sighed, following to sit next to her on her bed, "I'm sorry. I can't imagine how rough it is to be so far from your boyfriend. The sacrifices you've made to stay set on your goals . . . makes me admire you a lot. I know Pock—Porco—feels the same. He's just frustrated that he can't be around the girl he loves all the time."

Her eyes finally met yours, and you added with a mischievous grin, "I know I wouldn't be able to function if I weren't near you either."

She beamed as she lifted the blanket to cover herself, only she didn't. She was holding it by its end and waiting for you to get in with her. You did.

She turned on her side, facing you with her hand as a pillow. You were facing her too, waiting for her to say something. And she did. "You're the best. You know that?"

You beamed back, "I know. I don't like seeing you down. Who the hell's gonna look after me then?"

She giggled softly, "Me obviously. And that boy you were with all day."

Your eyes widened, "Boy? What boy?"

She scrunched her nose with a slithering smirk, "Don't act dumb. I saw Eren turning out of the parking lot just ten minutes ago."

Your lips tugged down at getting caught. She then poked at your chest, "Tell me what's going on now. I've been sensing this sexy tension between the two of you for a little while now."

"What!" you practically shrilled. "A while? What are you saying?"

Pieck laughed, "Hitch and I always talk about it. Sometimes we drop hints in front of you but you never notice. We noticed at Historia's place—then he literally beat the fuck out of Willy Tybur for you—then after you guys went to the arcade a few days back, and literally just now. You spent the entire day together, didn't you?"

"Yeah, but it's complicated," you looked down.

Pieck furrowed her brows, "Not really. You like him and the kid clearly has a thing for you."

"A thing?" you scoffed. "Maybe he just wants to fuck me and add another tally to his list of conquests."

"Do you want to fuck him?"

"Yes."

"Then do it," she pointed. "Unless you're worried about getting attached."

You scoffed, "Attached? I've learned enough to not even get attached to family. The issue is that Mikasa is my friend. Jean and I are friends now too. They'd hate if I went after Eren since Jean and him are best friends too and Mikasa is head over heels for him."

Pieck opened her mouth but you cut her off, "It gets worse. My brother hates him too and told me to stay away from him and that he'd kill us both if I was ever with him. And also, Eren fucked Lara Tybur—my brother's girlfriend. That drove my brother insane too clearly."