Chapter 5- Final selection

Start from the beginning

Nezuko puts her sword away and bows.

Nezuko: Rest In Peace.

Nezuko suddenly smells something bad. She turns and hears a boy running away in fear.

Boy: What the hell? I didn't sign up for this!

Nezuko looks and gasps. She saw a giant fat and green demon walking down the mountain.

What the hell is that?!

Sabito: Hey, Makomo. Do you think Nezuko can beat him?

Makomo: I don't know. It seem, nothings ever good enough. You saw it for yourself, didn't you?

The boy continues to run down the mountain. He trips and falls over the tree roots and turns around.

Boy: What's this mutated demon doing here? Nobody said anything!

The giant demon was holding a boy by his neck. He was dead. Nezuko hid behind a tree yet watched. The demon opened his mouth and ate person whole. This caused it to grow.

The demon was giant, green, and covered in hands. He extended some and grabbed the boy who wa running away. He pulls the boy towards him.

Stay strong! Save him! Save him!

The hand demon opened his mouth and hovered the boy over it.

Water Breathing, Second Form! Water Wheel!

Nezuko cuts the demons arm off. The boy falls and Nezuko lands on her feet.

Hand demon: Look at that. Another one of those sweet little foxes.

Nezuko: "Another?"

Hand demon: Hey fox cub, the year. Are we still in Meiji?

Nezuko: It's the Taisho Period now!

Hand demon: Taisho?

The demon starts screaming and scratches himself.

Hand demon: Already?! It's already a new period?

Nezuko and the boy look at him in shock.

Hand demon: Again! Again! Again while I've been held prisoner inside this place! Unforgivable! Unforgivable! Damn you, Urokodaki! Damn you, damn you!

Nezuko: You know Urokodaki?

Hand demon: Of course I do, Urokodaki's the one who captured me! And that was 47 years ago! Back when he was still hunting demons! It was the Edo Period during the Keio era.

Nezuko: No way, Edo Period?

Boy: You're lying! No demon could ever live that long in here! Besides, all of these demons have eaten only two or three humans! They die during Final Selection, in fact, they even eat their own kind!

Hand demon l: Yet I managed to survive all this time. Trapped in this flowery cage, to at least devaour fifty of you brats.

Nezuko: Fifty?

Hand demon: Eleven, twelve... thirteen. That makes you Number 14!

Nezuko: What are talking about?

The hand demon chuckles happily.

Hand demon: That's how many of Urokodaki's students I've eaten. I promised myself to kill every one of his students.

Nezuko gasps and look at him.

Hand demon: The one's who stood out to me the most... those two! Ah yes... That bratty girl the flowery kimono was the strongest. She was the most powerful of the lot. The other one was a boy with an unusual shade of pink hair. Tall, yet lacking in strength. But he was awfully agile.