23 👑 New Brother

Start from the beginning

She gave a disappointed look at the emperor and walked out of his cabin. Yoongi decided to follow her but he halted on his steps. It was not the perfect time. Hyesoo needed space.

Kim Seokjin was on his way to Yoongi's room when Hyesoo bumped into him

Kim Seokjin was on his way to Yoongi's room when Hyesoo bumped into him. He was confused when he saw her bloodshot eyes and trembling physique. She didn't even acknowledge his presence and ran out of his sight. Political affairs could wait. Besides he was scared to confront an angry emperor.

Seokjin stood before Hyesoo's room and debated whether to get in. They had exchanged some words of introduction before but they weren't much close. However, he couldn't ignore her vulnerable form. During the time of her living here, he had realized that Hyesoo was born to be a ruler. It came by her nature. Jin had confided with her about matters of the kingdom once and she had solved his confusions wisely. She spoke from the perspective of the countrymen. People outside the walls of the palace already adored her. They loved her even though she wasn't the empress.

The guards informed her about his arrival but he got no welcome reply from her. Thus, Seokjin finally decided to get in. The room was dark. The candles were intentionally blown out.

"Who is it?" Hyesoo's voice sounded croaky from crying.

"It's Seokjin, her Majesty." He replied.

Some shuffling was heard and soon a candle was lit making the room a bit brighter for vision. Jin walked to Hyesoo who sat on her bed and smiled.

"I am not in my best form right now, mind if we speak some other time?" She asked.

"I didn't come here as the Prime Minister. I came here as your friend." He carefully dropped his words.

"Friend?"

"I know it's weird for you. And we always had formal conversation whenever we met but seeing you cry made me sad." He visibly pouted. Hyesoo couldn't help but smile faintly. Seeing her gesture Seokjin's lips also formed a bright smile.

"Can you hug me?" She fiddled with her fingers.

Seokjin immediately wrapped his arms around her without hesitation. The woman relaxed in his hold. It reminded her of Hoseok. Seokjin was like a brother to her. She quietly sobbed in his chest. He never questioned the reason for her sadness because he was well acquainted with Yoongi's deeds, nor did he have the power to stop the emperor. He somehow felt guilty because Nari was his sister whom the Emperor was marrying. He was only there to comfort Hyesoo. He was here to stand by her when she had no one in the palace to lean on. He would happily provide a shoulder for her to cry. He was glad she didn't hate him because he was Nari's older brother.

The duo stayed in the position for some more time until she fell asleep in his arms. Seokjin gently tucked her under warm fluffy blankets and blew out the candles. Then he quietly tip-toed out.

After completing his business with the emperor, Seokjin walked back to his cabin. Yoongi was not in a good mood but he couldn't neglect the kingdom's affairs. He looked tired and pale.

The prime minister saw Nari waiting for him on the bed, a dreamy smile plastered on her lips. He at once knew she was daydreaming of Yoongi. She was head over heels for him. He initially hated Hyesoo like others because she took the position of his dear sister but then he realized it was not her fault. Jin knew what kind of asshole could Yoongi be, thus he pitied the new queen.

"Nari-ah?" He caught her attention.

She beamed happily, "Oraboni! I am finally getting married to Yoongi." Seokjin smiled half-heartedly in reply. "You don't seem happy." She pouted.

"I am happy for you sister but..."

"But?"

"But I feel sorry for Hyesoo. She didn't deserve this."

Nari narrowed her eyes in anger. She couldn't believe her own brother was pitying that woman. She hated her from the core of her heart. Initially, she thought Hyesoo was no threat to her but soon Yoongi developed a soft corner for her. He began neglecting Nari. To be honest, she never wanted the throne, she wanted Yoongi to love her. However, Yoongi only saw her as a friend. She believed he had no romantic feelings for anyone and accepted his friendly treatment but Hyesoo proved her wrong. She couldn't let Yoongi slip away from her hands. She would save her love at any cost even if it meant marrying him forcefully. He would eventually forget Hyesoo and love her. Thus Nari threw a tantrum in front of the Queen Mother Dowager. She was blinded by her love for Nari and promised Yoongi's hand of marriage.

"Are you defending that filthy woman now??" she rasped in venom laced voice.

"I don't know. Yoongi loves her. Is it okay if you marry him in this way?"

"No! Yoongi is mine. He only loves me!!" She shouted. "Once I give him a son, he will forget Hyesoo. The Queen mother herself promised me!!"

Seokjin decided not to provoke her more. He simply went with her words and left the room. He was just a side character in the lives of the Min couple. He had no power to change anything except to watch everything unfold from afar.

👑~👑

Days are changing,
Nights are changing,
Words are changing,
Life is changing...

Days are changing,Nights are changing,Words are changing,Life is changing

Next chapter's gonna be interesting. 😏

Happy Chuseok, chimes
🌕🌝

Jeongsri💜

Questions:

1. Will Yoongi get married to Nari in the end?

2. Will Hyesoo be able to find out the one behind the attack?