Chapter 35 | "Dad?"

Start from the beginning

"We need more, and we need to be quiet." Rick tells us.

"I'll see what I can find." Michonne says as I hold the couch tightly.

Gabriel goes off as well and Jessie comes in to help hold the couch.

"What happened in there?" Rick asks Carl.

I don't say a word. I don't know what Carl is going to say. Al I know is the back of my head, is definitely bleeding. I can feel the stinging pain but I've gotta get through it.

"We we're looking for tools and knocked over a shelf." Carl said. So he's lying for Ron.

"We heard yelling." Jessie said looking at me as if she was asking if it was true.

"Yeah, Ron saw them break through the gates. We had to move." Carl explains still struggling with the couch.

Ron leans forward "Carl there's nightstand in my mums room that we can use to hold against the door."

Carl and Ron go off.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The door was now held by the couch and nightstand. The walkers couldn't get through anymore.

"They knocked the sculpture over." Jessie tells us.

"All that noise. It's drawing more." Michonne explains.

Judith starts crying and Rick goes off to sort her out.

Carl leans over to me. Touching my head, I move away "What are you doing?"

"You hit your head when you fell." He tells me, he touches the spot on my head and I wince in pain.

"Your heads bleeding." Carl tells me.

"I'm fine." I say pushing his hand away. The others were too busy looking out the window but I saw Ron watching this happen.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

There's too many walkers and the couch won't hold up.

I press myself against the couch. Pushing to keep it from moving.

Rick runs over and helps us.

"There's just too many of them." Gabriel shouts.

As the walkers bust in through the front door.

"Everybody. Get upstairs now." Michonne shouts pulling out her katana.

We run upstairs.

Rick moves the couch to the stairs to block it. I hold my gun out ready to shoot any who need it.

Rick pulls up a walker, turning to me, Ron and Carl "Stay here. If you see any coming tell me."

He drags the dead walker into the bedroom.

Carl stays outside while I run and stand in the doorway listening to ricks plan.