"And what if I don't let you go?" Lucifer asked.

Nix turned around and smiled. He gave free rein to his aura and shadow. With glowing eyes, he looked at the prince and said in his demonic voice, "Do you really believe that you can command me to do anything?"

The smile on Lucifer's face disappeared abruptly. He knew that Nix was more than equal to him. In a bad mood, Lucifer snapped his tongue. "Don't play the offended. I was busy. There were especially many souls today who needed their punishment." He looked at Lyric and licked his lips, his eyes fixed on Lyric's neck.

"You can leave, but the jewel stays here," the hell prince added.

Nix laughed and went to Lyric. He grabbed him by the hair and pulled him down to himself. Then he bit him in the neck with his clutches, all the time his eyes on Lucifer. Nix drank minimally and deliberately let the blood run down the corners of his mouth. With a quick movement of his tongue, he closed the wounds. When he let go of Lyric, he slumped to his knees. "As you can see, it's my meal and I don't share my food."

Lucifer smiled. "The Shadow won't like that," he grumbled.

Nix shrugged his shoulders. "What will he do to me? Lyric is mine as long as he is bound to me. I can do whatever I want with him. But as I said, I don't share my toys," he replied as he thumbed down Lyric's cheek.

He looked at him with hatred and disgust in his eyes. Lyric played his role really perfectly.

"Get up," Nix ordered the rune demon, who then laboriously got up on his feet.

"I think we should continue this conversation in the meeting room," Lucifer said.

Lyric tried to pull himself together as best he could, fearing he might betray Nix. Nix played his role flawlessly. The perfect mask. How long did he have to wear them? Anger rose in him when he thought of how lonely Nix had been in recent centuries. Forced in a role.

Very good. He bought it. He thinks I let him persuade me, Nix thought. "This time I'll let it go through, but I'll warn you, don't upset me again," the oracle grumbled.

Lucifer remained silent and went back to the reception room. He sat down on the throne and leaned with his right arm on the armrest.

Nix took a graceful seat, while Lyric again stood behind him and lowered his head.

"I have to say, the two of you are really true beauties. Not interested in getting into my harem?" Lucifer asked, and Nix knew he wanted to provoke him. Lyric contorted his face and disgust spread in him. Not in a thousand years.

Nix was any different. "Thank you, but no. And Lyric's screams belong to me alone," said Nix with a smile on top. He not only wanted to demonstrate his superiority, but also to make it clear that Lyric was the taker. In a normal relationship, such a thing didn't matter, but for Lucifer, the role of the bottom was the inferior side.

Lyric clenched his fists and bit his lower lip.

"Your companion doesn't seem very happy about your arrangement," the fallen angel remarked in a sugar-sweet voice.

"Does he have to?" Nix asked him in return with a cool expression.

Lucifer smiled, he seemed to find it all very entertaining.

Nix, on the other hand, his own words hurt. He knew that these were indirectly hurting Lyric, even if it was all just a charade. When they were finally back home, he would apologize for everything. Sorry, my little bird.

"Be that as it may, I followed your message. You have the mirror?" asked Nix, because he had had enough of the taunts.

Lucifer's face didn't reveal anything, it could also be a trick. "Why are you looking for the objects in the children's song?" the prince of hell asked. His mischievous grin had given way to a serious face, at least that's how it seemed to the outside world. Who knew what was going on inside him or what he was planning?

Nix tilted his head. "It's none of your business."

His counterpart didn't seem to have expected this.

"Tell me your price or the conversation is over. I don't feel like playing games," Nix added.

Lucifer stared appreciatively at Nix' face and posture, which revealed absolutely nothing. This frustrated Lucifer. He had an excellent opponent who had a good position at the moment. "Well, then I'll just do it for you. You get the mirror if you kill Astaroth in return."

"Rejected," Nix replied, without hesitation at the same moment.

Lucifer crossed his hands in front of his chest and his face had taken on a grim expression. "Why are you rejecting my generous offer?"

Nix sighed. "I am not allowed to kill any of the princes of hell as they play a key role in the prophecy. I can't do anything that fate has clearly forbidden me to do, even if I wanted to."

"Is that so?" the prince of hell asked provocatively.

Nix sighed and leaned forward. "Well, let me put it another way. Suppose I killed Astaroth, then there would only be six instead of seven hell lords in hell. Among these, a dispute would arise over the area and a war would break out in Astaroth's territory, which Telos would use to fulfill the prophecy in their favor. The end of it would be the downfall of all of us. You've already started a war that cost thousands of lives - but the end of the world, isn't that too big even for you?"

With this speech, he seemed to have struck a nerve with Lucifer. He had scratched his ego, but even he understood that the fall of hell would also be his own. Even he wasn't keen on that.

"Man, are you boring," the prince of hell sighed, then he became serious again. "What do you offer me then, oracle?"

Nix, unfortunately, had no idea what Lucifer wanted. He wouldn't get Lyric, he had made that abundantly clear. "Just tell me what your heart desires besides Astaroth's death and the rune demon," Nix said in a sweet voice, making it clear again that he was slowly having had enough of this farce. He didn't know if Lucifer was buying it from him.

"Then I'll take an eye from your toy."

___________________________

There's a reason people call Lucifer the devil.

What do you think of Lucifer? Did he meet your expectations?

What do you think of his offer?

Your Mouse Goddess