Ch-23 Speech and Brunch

Taehyung's pov

I blink my eyes open to sunlight through the window blinds and an empty bed. Reaching over, his side of the bed is cold. Damn.

I roll onto my back and try to think about the last time I slept this long. I genuinely can't think of a time.

Jungkook didn't stay in bed and he didn't wake me up. A delicious smell is wafting from the door to the living room—coffee, bacon, something baking... How long has he been awake?

I toss back the covers and look down at my depressing morning erection. It had been difficult to fall asleep, with him in my arms and my body hellbent on sex, but I'd managed. No wonder it was rearing its head again now.

I get in the shower, my mind replaying the wondrous moments of last night. The softness of his neck against my lips. The warmth of his hard-on clutched within my fingers. His breathless moans. Yeah, the cold water of the shower is doing nothing at all for my painfully hard cock.

Last night had been unreal, yes, but I couldn't afford to fuck this up. One wrong move and I might destroy Jungkook's regard for me entirely. It would kill me if he ever regretted us.

So I take care of it myself, wrapping my hand around my hard, throbbing flesh. It doesn't take long, given how aroused I am. I remember Jungkook against me, his body shaking through an orgasm, his sweet warmth squeezing around my fingers... and I break apart in the shower, release barreling through me.

I lean against the shower wall and close my eyes through the faint aftershocks. In my hand, my cock is finally under control again, but I know I'll be hard again before long with Jungkook around.

I dry my hair and pull on clothes. The wedding doesn't start for a few hours yet, so we have time to work before we have to get into the tuxedo.

But when I open the bedroom door and see Jungkook in my brother's kitchen...

"What are you doing?"

"Making brunch," he says, pouring orange juice into a glass pitcher.

"You've made eggs and bacon and pancakes and... what's in the oven?"

"Muffins."

"Why on earth would you do all that?" I ask, despite the grumbling in my stomach. "We have things to do."

He closes the fridge with a bang. "Because your brothers are coming over for brunch."

"They're what?"

"Eunwoo called the house this morning. He said you guys had something to work out." He waves a hand as if this is all normal, and he makes me breakfast every day and talks with my brother. "Something about a wedding surprise for Jin hyung? I'm not sure, but they'll be here by ten. We'll head to the reception together after that."

It's nine o'clock now. "You didn't wake me?"

He gives an elegant shrug. There's something about his hair, a little messy bun with strand loosing hair and there, and his face without that little hint of makeup that makes me feel off-kilter. Last night had been explosive, but this feels intimate. It's too easy to imagine that this is our life, our habits, our damn bed to share.

"You needed the sleep," he says. "We're not behind on schedule. I updated your laptop while I was at it and wrapped your hyung's wedding gift."

There's brisk professionalism in his tone. Not a trace of what happened last night. So that's how he wants to play it. He wants distance.

I grab a cup and head to the coffeemaker. "Nice armor," I say.

He bristles, just like I expected him to. "What do you mean?"