Pt. 56: off market

Start from the beginning

"Nia, how about Katherine? Anything?"

"Nothing either. The last thing she told me that they will use her facility as a processing and distribution port. Other than that, just regular checkups for Lena."

"Just checkups?" Alex was curious.

Nia nods. "As far as I know, yes."

"No offence but I don't really trust her." Alex said.

"I think that she's alright. I mean she told us about Lex's plans."

Jonn jump in. "Yes it is true but why would she do that? Wish I can see her up front. See her intention."

Alex calling Kara for confirmation.

Lena Pov

"The deal is seal. It is nice to work with you in this project with you Lena. I mean L-Corp."

"I can say the same. I hope this joint ventures between our company will last longer and bigger in the future, Mr. Schumer."

"Please, just call me Harry. No need to be official, we're partner now. It's a shame I can't meet you in person."

"Well, I prefer to be official on any business deal Mr. Schumer. I apologize for seal our deal through online and I have an appointment with my doctor right after this."

"Doctor? Are you alright? Should I come and visit? I do heard people said that you rarely seen in public or going in your office lately."

"People talks Mr. Schumer and I'm totally fine. Better in fact." I hear Kara come home and calls my name. I mute the mic to answer her. "In my office." She walks in and I ask her to sit and wait while I end my conversation with Mr. Schumer.

"Someone else is there?"

"Yes and we're going to get moving now."

"Who's you're going with? Sure you don't want my company? I don't mind flying to National City for some times for a lovey woman like you." I can see Kara's face changes when she heard that but I just told her to not say anything.

"I'm 100% sure there are no need for that. My love here going to take me today and every other day too."

"Now I know what's keeping you at home."

"If there aren't anything else-"

"Yes I understand. We'll talk later."

"Send my best to Mrs. Schumer." I smile and end my conversation. Kara close my laptop immediately as soon as my fingers are not on the keyboard.

"Who and what the hell was that?"

"That was Mr. Schumer and we just close our deal."

"That is not how closing a deal sounds like."

"It is Kara. We did close a deal. You know Harry Schumer." I teasing her a little bit. "Tall, good looking, top 10 higher achiever below 50 in two count-"

Kara cuts me right off. "He's flirting with you!"

"Womanizer, arrogant, cocky, egotistical... and yes, he is flirting. Don't worry, I'm not swoon by him."

"Of course I am worry."

"Are you worry or are you jealous?"

"I am both and you have checkup to do."

"Alright, alright. We still have time right? Can you give me a minute?" I lean my back on the chair and stretch my legs.

"Are you alright?" Kara walks and sit to look at my feet. "Lena..."

"It's okay."

"It's swollen."

"I'm fine."

"You're in pain. Where's your sneaker?"

"Sneaker? Kara, you bought this shoe for me to wear. To make me comfortable. I am comfortable."

"That was last month. The baby growing inside you every day. And I didn't think it will be this fast. I'll buy you more or I can design more comfortable shoes for you. Hope it will put you less in pain."

She rambles while massaging my feet. What do I know, a simple gesture like this makes me feel loved and I feel my eyes watery. Kara hear me sobbing and turn her head to look at me. "Oh god, did I pressed your feet too hard? Did I hurt you, Lena? I'm sorry, I am so sorry."

I cut her apologizing sentence, take her hands and hold them on my lap. "Kara, honey. I'm fine. You did not hurt me. You never hurt me. Not once."

"Then, why did you cry?"

"Because of you."

"What did I do?"

"You make me feel loved. My whole life, no one ever makes me feel so loved like you do. Not even my family. Though I don't even know if I still have a family."

Kara wipe my tears. "Hey, hey, don't cry. I love you. Never a doubt. Everybody love you. Alex, Nia, Barry, Jonn, Brainy, Caitlyn, everybody loves you and also this little G here loves you too. You have a family and its bigger now. Soon, you will have you own family."

"How are you so good at this? Thank you, Kara. I love you too." I can't help but let out a chuckle and wipe my tears away.

"There she is. My smiley Lena. I love you and...." Kara rub my belly and then kiss it. "...I love you too."

I pull her up to kiss her. "We both love you too."

"Okay, before we get more distracted, we have an appointment to attend."

"I'm sure Katheryn wouldn't really mind."