Chapter 28

AARON • POV

Meeting Isadore's grandma again after so many weeks, filled with ups and downs, was nerve wracking as hell. I tried to plaster on a brave face, but this wasn't exactly a casual affair - at least not in my mind. This was taking 'meet the parents' to a whole new extreme. Meeting Isadore's grandma was like facing the final boss in this game of dating with her grandson. She was the most important person I had to prove myself to and right now... I would be proving nothing with the knots twisting my stomach.

Isadore kept glancing sideways at me, warily, eyebrows arched together, the cutest frown on his face. He looked worried, confused, startled even. I knew that he wasn't worried about me actually meeting his grandma, he was worried about my nervous reaction to meeting his grandma. I turned and smiled, squeezing his hand, motioning that he should hurry up and open the front door. He nodded, blushing slightly as he fumbled his keys out of his pocket, pushed them into the lock of the pretty cottage door, twisted and let us inside.

The very first time I had come here... was to reject Isadore and well, I'd left him sobbing in the kitchen with his grandma's disappointed gaze trailing after me. Although things had progressed dramatically since those early days when I was still dating Landon and hiding Isadore's love letters from the brute, I was still terrified that was the only bad impression of me his grandmother had.

The same way Isadore's brother, Maverick, and father, Alu, would still have a negative impression of me, after the first time we'd met in the hospital. That time, I'd run after leaving Isadore in a sobbing heap on the floor... again. My track record with this family and meeting them during particularly horrifying situations with Isadore, was very, very disappointing. In other words, I was not the ideal boyfriend material in their eyes at all. 

Isadore paused in the entrance after closing the front door softly behind us. He turned, blocking the hallway from view, bending slightly to bring his face closer to mind. His hazel eyes were shifting across my face and he bit his lip nervously when he took my hands in his. I immediately felt more secure and calm as I entwined my fingers through my alpha's strong ones, letting his pheromones of forest and sweet spring flowers envelop me. I sucked it in, taking deep breaths.

Isadore smiled cheekily. "I like it when you react to my scent like that," he whispered and I rolled my eyes half-heartedly, unable to stop the cheeky smirk that slid across my face.

"Yeah, yeah, you smell good. Whatever. Didn't you pass out yesterday when you smelt my scent?" I quipped and his whole face turned bright red, his eyes wide. I chortled loudly, before covering my mouth with one hand to try and muffle the sound. It was echoing off the walls in the otherwise silent cottage.

"Y-You did s-smell nice, b-but I only passed out b-because you... you," his stammer trailed off and he was pouting and huffing as he tried and failed to explain himself. "Y-You asked me to F-U-C-K, you!" He whispered harshly, as though that was a perfectly reasonable explanation for blacking out on me.

I bent over at the waist, laughing so hard that tears streamed from my eyes. Oh my fucking god! Isadore looked perplexed but that just made me laugh even harder. He was so bashful, so innocent and demure that he'd spelt out the word 'fuck' instead of outright saying it. The thought of talking about sex out loud made him glow bright red like a virgin - which he wasn't anymore thanks to me.

When I was finally able to catch my breath after another fit of cackling, thanking every higher power for making me attracted to this alpha who was my complete opposite, I threw myself into his arms and kissed him, feeling one thousand percent better and more like my usual confident self. I never wanted to loose Isadore again and he made me see over and over, that he was worth a little discomfort and the terror of facing his family properly. I freaking adored him.