Winn

"Woah, woah. Slow down." Kara said as he cut off the rambling boy and lead him to her couch. She helped Winn sit down and rubbed his shoulders. Alex and Jeremiah noticed what was going on by then and made their way to the couch as well.

Winn took a deep breath before speaking. "It's my dad." He started. "I just found out he's been doing... bad things." He looked at Kara. "He's been hurting people.. Killing people.. All because of some stupid toys and I.. I called the police. They're on their way to my house to take him away. Then they'll be looking for me.."

"Oh Winn.." Kara frowned. Jeremiah pulled out his phone and walked out of the room, Kara could have listened in, but she decided that Winn was more important right now.

"I'm so sorry.." Alex said, looking down at the ground.

"I'm sure you can stay with us, until your mom comes." Kara said, comfortingly. Winn scoffed.

"She won't come. She doesn't care." He replied, hiding his face in his hands. Jeremiah walked back into the room and sat next to Winn on the couch.

"Hey, buddy." He said, calmly. "I just got off the phone with the police. They've got your father in containment. They just want you to go in and answer a few questions."

"I don't want to go." He cried. "They'll take me away, put me in foster care. I can't lose my friends."

"I won't let that happen, bud." Jeremiah said, patting him on the back. "I can drive you there." He said. Winn hesitated but stood up and followed Jeremiah.

"And girls.." Jeremiah said, getting Alex and Kara's attention. "The cabinet in the far side of the office, top drawer." He lead Winn outside and shut the door behind him. Kara and Alex exchanged a confused glance before standing up and heading towards the office. Kara opened the drawer and inside were their beloved phones.

  "YES!" Kara grabbed her phone and immediately opened it. Just as she went to call Lena, Jeremiah's name popped up on her phone. She clicked on the message and read it out loud, even though Alex was in the group chat as well.

  "Girls, please make the office nice for your friend. He'll be staying with us for awhile. We have a spare mattress in the basement. Thank you." Kara hummed and tapped Alex's shoulder as she was too busy texting Maggie to care about what Jeremiah had sent.

"What?" Alex said, not taking her eyes off the phone. Kara sped around and stole the phone out of her hand.

"Hey!" Alex yelled. "I was using that."

  "You get it back once we set up this room for Winn." Kara said, speeding out of the room and returning a second later without the phones. "I'll do the heavy lifting, but I need your eye for the layout. I'm no good at decorating."

  "Fine." Alex sighed. "Just hurry." Kara nodded and sped downstairs, she found the mattress and bed frame and easily carried both upstairs. Alex instructed Kara on where to put everything. They moved the desk, computer, and cabinets out of the room, deciding that they could figure out a place for those afterwards. Kara was able to find a dresser, bedside table, and mirror for Winn. By the time it was all set up, Kara and Alex were both tempted to take the room for themselves. They finished off the room by making Winn's bed and bringing a few books for him to read.

As promised, Kara grabbed Alex's phone and handed it back to her. She grabbed hers as well and called Lena. The phone rang a few times before someone answered.

"Hello?" Someone said on the other line. Kara immediately knew that wasn't Lena's voice.

"Oh uh.. Is Lena there?" Kara asked.